account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.3 update still saying its 4.1.2

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: 4.3 update still saying its 4.1.2

If you are UK unbranded the update was not to 4.3 but a minor update to 4.1.2 it seems. You're not alone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

More people who read about the 4.3 update but whose phones never get it. Thank you Sony. I suppose you think that confused consumers are more likely to buy Sony products.

Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

All UK sim free phones have still not officially got the 4.3 yet... 

I got the update and still was on 4.1.2 - it is a bad update, my battery drained so quickly!

Now flashed myself with 4.3 USA generic firmware

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

pixie,

Please see my recent thread entitled "I'm furious!".

I can only sympathize with you.

JPC

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

@SarahES wrote:
If you are UK unbranded the update was not to 4.3 but a minor update to 4.1.2 it seems. You're not alone.

Hi Sarah,

In my case, there was no update whatsoever! The build no. was 12.0.A.2.254 before the so-called update and it was 12.0.A.2.254 after the imaginary update. If there had been any changes to the firmware, the build number would have incremented.

JPC

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

@jaypeecee - true i see your point. Update was the wrong word I guess but I think it had something to do with 4g and LET which is just as irritating because that has no impact on me personally but I believe it did make a difference to those waiting for the 4g option.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

*LTE