account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

xperia mini proximity sensor

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

xperia mini proximity sensor

during call, the touch screen is still active which causes unwanted selesction of options such as mute , dialling different numbers etc.

seems some problem with proximinty sensor. i did factory reset also. no use. pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: xperia mini proximity sensor

do service test
dial *#*#7378423#*#* in dial > service test > proximity sensor> it must be off.... now take ur finger near the sensor and it must be on

what are the results ???

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers and Helpful Answers

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

do service test
dial *#*#7378423#*#* in dial > service test > proximity sensor> it must be off.... now take ur finger near the sensor and it must be on

what are the results ???

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

ya its active there. so why then during the calls its not active?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

this means ur proximity sensor is all fine and u need to perform a software repair Slightly smiling Face

Update/Repair  your phone via SEUS
SEUS  ( Sony Ericsson Update Service)  ... download it and install it on your pc and follow the on-screen instructions   http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1323075336/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

or

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this without connecting your mobile to pc > PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue)

tell me the results as soon as possible Winking Face

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

take care that it will delete all your data except memory card
so backup Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

thx a load... ll update asap.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Before you "repair" or "update" which will wipe everything on your internal memory including all your settings and configurations...

Let me say something about how the proximity sensor is used on the Xperia Mini.

• The sensor DOES WORK
  • It works IIN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ACCELEROMETER

Try moving a finger over the proximity sensor hold the phone still or have it sit on a table while in an active telephone call. The display will remain lit.

Try moving phone up towards your ear, towards your palm, your finger or any object that will cover the sensors (while in an active phone call) in a more or less vertical orientation. The display will turn off.

Pulling the phone away from your ear will cause the display to light again.

The phone uses both the proximity sensors and the accelerometer to detect the act of a user moving the phone to his ear. It is pretty smart in this respect. This approach ensures that the display does not unintentionally get blacked when the user is moving his finger around while tapping on screen and accidentally covers the sensor. The system has to sense both proximity of the screen to an object and the expected motion of bringing the phone to your face!

Try it! I have found it to be very reliable in achieving its intended purpose.

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

my ph. sensor is not working at all service menu is showing that this device is not supported this. Slightly frowning Face what can i do yaar i m on 4.0.1 ics

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

my Xperia m
service test says proximity sensor not detected...n so auto rotate screen doesn't work n if calls I end up in using other buttons like mute, n end call button...help me fix this
...can't play tilting games also:-(