account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

why NO choice for cybershot xenon smartphone..

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

why NO choice for cybershot xenon smartphone..

I am a supporter of Sony phones.. I have been using SonyEricsson devices across several years ignoring the trendy diffusion of other common branches like nokia, apple, etc.. always recognizing the very very good quality of sony branded devices.

The last one was a (superb) cybershot C905 with 8.1mpx camera. The BEST phone ever, I used it for five years with the highest sathisfations.

It survived almost 100 hard crashes (one of it even falling out of my car window while driving in the highway!!), it died few months ago, refusing to recharge the battery, after 350hrs call, 6000txt msgs and (AND, THIS is the interesting thing) 7500+ digital pics took! Yes, the outstanding, fantastic, super feature of this phone was the camera, a REALLY REAL digital camera with nothing less than a stand alone camera.

I ever bought a digital camera across all this time, and I used only my LOVED smartphone for everything, my holidays, my bike rides, in the summer on the beach and in the winter when skying, with friends, during parties, during crazy discos moment.. and also for some working stuff!! YES, because having a phone with real camera capabilities is a BIG advantage... it's ALWAYS with you, you pick it out of your pocket and CLICK! That's fantastic...

Image qality superb thanks to one and only one characteristic: the XENON flash and the light sensor.. exactly like a real camera.

Now that it's died.. ALL of the smartphones I have tried (and believe me, I tried it all) are far far avay than that. Iphone 4, galaxy, Lumia, etcetc it's ALL CRAP compared with the C905.

Have you ever tried to compare a dark light pic from a camera and from a smartphone? That's the difference. The xenon flash give you an ultra bright lighthing of all the surrounding, with very very realistic results. The LED, this frikin' LED that everyone loves to use now is absolutely not able to do the same, illumination will ever be the same than xenon and makes the possibility to take pics in dark environments two totally different world.

I now have a Xperia Mini Pro with a very very poor camera and I hate it, just because I took just 10 shots in 5 months with that, even if the other features of the device are fantastic.

I loved the choice from sonyericsson to give availability of cybershot-xenon powered smartphones, and really couldn't understand why this GEAT FEATURE is no longer available. The last of it was the SATIO, that despite a (incredible) cybershot camera, had very poor phone caracteristics that limited its diffusion

a smartphone today is a must, making also my loved C905 obsolete, even if it didn't broke up, I am really wondering and don't understand why SONY does not still choose to merge together a hi tech smartphone with cybershot Xenon features.. that would be the ULTIMATE choice

I really loved to have a camera&phone together with me in any moment. Bah... very bad choice, producers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: why NO choice for cybershot xenon smartphone..

I agree 100% - I'm refusing to budge from my current traditional SE candybar phone till something appears with a Xenon flash, supports memory cards and isn't the size of a house :-)

Xperia Ray was the closest I've found but still no xenon flash or camera button.

4 REPLIES 4
Oracle
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I also used C905 back in the days (it was launched in 2009 though). I loved it. Slightly smiling Face

I must however say it's nowhere near the phone I'm using today - Xperia P.

A bit unfair to compare them though since they are two very different phones.

I don't know if there will come any other phones with xenon flash or not. I will forward your feedback. Thanks for posting it.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I agree 100% - I'm refusing to budge from my current traditional SE candybar phone till something appears with a Xenon flash, supports memory cards and isn't the size of a house :-)

Xperia Ray was the closest I've found but still no xenon flash or camera button.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi!

Agree it's two totally different phones, C905 is traditional phone, Xperia is hi-tech smartphone with very nice specs.

I also had to move to a smartphone just because today you can't avoid it. C905 despite the superb camera, miss all the other smartphone features necessary in 2012.

I was claiming just about the camera(s) available in today's devices.. and the lack of xenon / cybershot features. It makes wonder that C905 had BOTH Led & xenon.. superior phone!

It would be really grateful to know in advance if in the mid term it is forecasted from sony to release a smartphone with cybershot camera and xenon flash.. I really would be willing of it and would wait for that until it's available for purchase.. I see that nokia released a smartphone with 41mpx camera and xenon flash... too much! and I WANT a sony phone.. no other choice.. and I wish to have it with that specs.

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I completely agree! But I got to say that I'm a bit disappointed at Sony, and I'm a huge fan of the brand, regarding the next flagship smartphone Honami. 20mp camera with no xenon flash???? How would it compete against competitor flagships such as the Lumia 1020 (and have to say it camera is really impressive). I used to have a beautifully designed K810i back in the day (nearly cried when it was stolen), and the camera was a lot better than nearly all the phones out there (including the N95), at least in taking photos (video recording was not that great). Mainly because of the Xenon flash that provided great lighting in low light situation, and helped get perfectly still shots when the phone is shaken. I remember driving at about 90mph on the highway at night, and a friend of line took a picture of the roadside, and I was astonished at the result: perfectly still picture. This is the main advantage of the xenon flash, and giving us a great phone such as the Honami with a 20mp shooter with no xenon flash would be...pointless. I really do hope Sony would incorporate the xenon flash into the Honami.

Cheers!