account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

recent calls list is not getting updated anymore and new messages are coming at the bottom of the list, please help

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

recent calls list is not getting updated anymore and new messages are coming at the bottom of the list, please help

Hi,

I am a new user of Xperia X8. Its awsome model in look and feel and was good in functionality till very recently. I have used this phone from last 3 weeks, but since last 2 days my all messages are coming at the bottom of the list so I have to scroll down a lot every time the message comes also in the message thread the new message is getting updated at the top than bottom, so again I have to scroll a lot through message thread to see the message.

Also in the recent calls list which comes when u open the icon from bottom left corner of screen, now no more miss calls, no numbers that I call nothing is getting updated. That list is like freezed.

Are there bugs in the mobile OS ?

Can you please help me out with these problems?

Thanks and Regards

Parag Dhikale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: recent calls list is not getting updated anymore and new messages are coming at the bottom of the list, please help

Hi,

This would indicate that the Time & Date has been incorrectly set on your handset. These lists will both be updated in Time order using the Time as displayed on the handset. For example, if the time is correctly set all the messages and call logs will be shown with the most recent received at the top. However if the time or date is then incorrectly set to an older time than this, they will appear at the bottom of the list as the other messages will have been received at a more recent time.

Therefore, please ensure the time and date is now correctly set on the handset with all incorrectly dated messages removed and the issue should then be resolved. I hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: recent calls list is not getting updated anymore and new messages are coming at the bottom of the list, please help

Hi,

This would indicate that the Time & Date has been incorrectly set on your handset. These lists will both be updated in Time order using the Time as displayed on the handset. For example, if the time is correctly set all the messages and call logs will be shown with the most recent received at the top. However if the time or date is then incorrectly set to an older time than this, they will appear at the bottom of the list as the other messages will have been received at a more recent time.

Therefore, please ensure the time and date is now correctly set on the handset with all incorrectly dated messages removed and the issue should then be resolved. I hope this helps.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks a lot, you are correct. Now I realize that I started to face this problem since I corrected my phone date from Dec 2020 to Dec 2010. No issues with clearing recent call list, but Is there any way that I can save my messages (or no other option but to copy them to pc and clear from phone).