account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

T715 USB communication problems

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

T715 USB communication problems

I have had a very frustrating time trying to get a new T715 to communicate by USB.  I am using the newest PC Suite which I downloaded from the SE website.  I also tried MediaGo but it didn't start up on my computer despite severla re-installs.

I can connect the phone to the computer in "Phone" mode, and start a Backup, but the backup always crashes oon the 4th item (I think it is something about determining the speed?)

I can see photos that have been taken on the card, but can't download then to the computer - there is always a communication error.

I can connect the phone in Bulk mode, and then use the standard Windows copy procedures to copy the photos onto my computer and that works fine, so the cable and everything seems to be fine, but of course I can't backup phone info using that method.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: T715 USB communication problems

Try downloading the SE update service application to your PC, update or re-install the software and then try PC suite and Media Go.Alternatively, try using another PC or even another USB cable in order to eliminate possible sources of the problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Try downloading the SE update service application to your PC, update or re-install the software and then try PC suite and Media Go.Alternatively, try using another PC or even another USB cable in order to eliminate possible sources of the problem.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

OK, I have an older PC that I use for home theater.  The software all seems to work fine on that one.  The update tool said that the phone already has the most up to date software.  I would still love to get it working on my main PC - if nothing else all my music is on that one and MediaGo won't work on it.  Both systems are using the same version of windows (XP Pro).  ANy ideas to look for that might be stopping it working on my main PC?  It is an Intel Core2 Processor running at 1.6 GHz with 2GB of RAM.

Thanks

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

You may need to install certain prerequisites seperately--see Media Go--FAQ--Installation.Alternatively, you could transfer your music to your main PC.As for the phone's software, you should be able to re-install the software by selecting the "install" option at the bottom right of the SE update service application page.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

The very next time I tried on my main computer, it backup up and transferred files fine.  No idea what is going on, but not compaining since it works.  Media Go still doesn't work, and I thik I've just about given up on that.  Reinstalled heaps, and made sure all the pre-recs are there.  As far as I know I can still manually transfer files onto the phone so should be fine.