account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia S - lt26i - Do Apple Earpods Work?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony Xperia S - lt26i - Do Apple Earpods Work?

Hi,

I have the Sony Xperia S and i was wondering whether i should bother buying the new apple earpods because im not sure whether they work in the Sony Xperia S. If anyone out there has a Sony Xperia S and a pair of the new apple earpods please help me. I know that the old apple headphones dont work but the ipod ones do, so i needed to know about the new ones - earpods, I appreciate people getting back to me! - Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Re: Sony Xperia S - lt26i - Do Apple Earpods Work?

Thanks for that, however when playing music did the sound come out of the phones speakers (Because the earpods are not compatible) or does it come out of the earpods because they are compatable. Thanks for your time.

9 REPLIES 9
Master
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hi there,

Well, as far as i know the apple headphones use CTIA standard just as the Xperia S does, so it should work.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for getting back to me. I get what you mean but i have the Sony Xperia S, an iPhone and an ipod touch (with the old headphones) however only the ipod headphones work, not the iPhones. I appreciate this answer but if any one out there has the earpods for a ipod or iphone and can use them in an Xperia s i would be greatful if you got in touch with me. Thanks

Master
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

As I'm sure you understand, we can't guarantee that accessories from other manufacturers will work, but I managed to borrow some earpods from and iphone 5 and tried them out with Xperia S. The phone gave a message saying "microphone and buttons not compatible" but when testing, microphone worked just fine. The buttons (volume +/-) on the headset however, did not work.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for that, however when playing music did the sound come out of the phones speakers (Because the earpods are not compatible) or does it come out of the earpods because they are compatable. Thanks for your time.

Master
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

The sound were played trough the headphones, not from the phone speakers Slightly smiling Face.

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I am using a Sony Xperia s smartphone and some of my widgets are going mad. They are going deformed. The widgets such as Go ex task killer, YouTube, Track ID, and smarttags are deforming. The track ID button on the widget keeps moving below the rectangle, the YouTube video squares keeps on going straight so all the vids arnt staggerd and the smart tag widget keeps on going small in size. Also the favorite contacts widget with 4 people takes the 4 people in, makes their photos small and adds another 2 blank boxes

I would really appreciate if you could help me on this or ask one of your friends or co workers! Thanks

Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for everything but one last thing, Where did you get the headphones from? An iPod or an iPhone ? I would really appreciate you getting back to me... Thanks!

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I bought apple Earpods today. I love them. But the volume rocker doesn't work at all. Not even the middle button. The microphone does work though.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Thanks a lot for that! I really appreciate you telling me, I've been nervous about buying them just incase I wasn't able to return them. Now i can go and get them now... thanks.