account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia S - Do Task mangers slow the phone down?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia S - Do Task mangers slow the phone down?

i have a Sony Xperia S - lt26i and i was wondering whether my phone would run faster if i deleted the task manager or faster if i kept it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia S - Do Task mangers slow the phone down?

taskillers/task managers, antivirus do slow down your phone, also they create a lot of issues.

just go to settings > apps > all > look for apps that you don't use and disable them, that should speed up your phone.

there are certain apps that slow down phones such as yahoo mail

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

taskillers/task managers, antivirus do slow down your phone, also they create a lot of issues.

just go to settings > apps > all > look for apps that you don't use and disable them, that should speed up your phone.

there are certain apps that slow down phones such as yahoo mail

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! I didn't know that... disabled loads that I don't need! Really appreciate it... Thanks Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

anytime