account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Ericsson w950i Touchscreen Faulty

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Ericsson w950i Touchscreen Faulty

Hi,

My w950i touchscreen is completly not working.  Everything else with the phone works fine but the backlight is constantly on so the battery only lasts for 3 hours when fully charged. I ordered a touchscreen digitizer to replace but when dismantling I seen the glass appeared to be 'glued' onto a chrome backing so i am unable to proceed.  Could anyone help with what part that needs replaced?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Ericsson w950i Touchscreen Faulty

http://www.formymobile.co.uk/Dismantle/w950disassembly.htm This page has a link at the top for a new screen and a link at the bottom for more details.

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

http://www.formymobile.co.uk/Dismantle/w950disassembly.htm This page has a link at the top for a new screen and a link at the bottom for more details.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Ahh nice one mate, now I know exactly what part I need and have just found the brand new LCD screen required on eBay for £19

Thanks again!