account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Ericsson C905

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony Ericsson C905

Last year, in the Autumn/Winter (can't remember the exact date and my paperwork is at home) I sent my C905 in for a warranty repair as I couldn't hear anyone and got sent back an either new or reconditioned phone, it doesn't say on the paperwork all I know is it isn't the same phone I sent in.

Earlier this week the phone wasn't reading the memory card so I turned it off and on, then it said it couldn't read the SIM, turned it off and on again and it loaded in another language. When I got it back into English it was accepting the SIM but telling me there was no network and when I plug the charger in it says 'Cannot charge, please insert a sony ericcson battery'. I know there is no fault with the SIM as I'm using it in another phone and the phone was not dropped or damamged before this happened. I have also checked the memory card in the PC and that is fine too.

Does anyone know what could suddenly be causing all this and what the warranty period is on a replacement phone. I know the warranty on my original handset expired earlier this month but I do not know how the warranty works on the replacement handset.

I am in the UK and the repair work was done by the repair centre in Ashford. Kent.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Sony Ericsson C905

Please follow this link for the download: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/hazel?cc=au&lc=en

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

The warranty generally runs from the date of purchase for the original handset. However the problem you are describing would generally be a simply software issue in which case I would advise running a software update to resolve the problems.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I went to the update page to download the software and it says 'The C905 is not supported by the update service'. Do you know where I can get the update please?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Please follow this link for the download: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/hazel?cc=au&lc=en

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much for that, did the reinstall and now all seems to be ok.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Glad to hear.Slightly smiling Face