account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Old model - T250i

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Old model - T250i

Yes, I know I am still in the dark ages but I only use a phone for emergencies, not as life-support every waking minute of the day.

I have heard that 2G will shut down in Australia in September 2016 and I need to know if my old phone will still work on 3G, please. Can anyone tell me that?

Bemused

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Old model - T250i

Thanks Uliwooly I rather thought that might be the case. ........ bummer! Another expense I didn't need.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

@bemused

I'm sorry to say this, but your phone it's only compatible 2G not with 3G (hardware restriction). You will need a new phone.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Uliwooly I rather thought that might be the case. ........ bummer! Another expense I didn't need.

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: 3G capable older mobiles

I would like to purchase an unlocked mobile that isn't a smart phone. Is this possible? Or is it only smart phones that can be used on 3G, please?

Names of any suitable models would be very much appreciated.

Bemused

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@bemused

It's hard to find a feature phone (non-smartphone) now a days, perhaps a flip phone will do it. Maybe if you can find a Sony Ericsson Cedar

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, I've noted that and will see if I can find one. Never heard of it but that isn't surprising given my skill level with technology.

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@bemused

Check ebay