account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Just to know....

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Just to know....

Hye... I'm a new member in this forum....:smileygrin:

Just want to know, if we make a root to sony xperia, what will happen exactly... Yeah, I see many people said that it will hack the phone, so if we do so, like we have void our warranty to our phone right?

I just want other opinion, should we root the phone because some people said that it will make the phone running faster...Thinking Face Tq...Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Just to know....

you are not doing anything wrong, the only thing you are doing is to have lets say "administrator" access to your phone, so you can install other apps and manage your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

rooting or flashing other software to your phone will void your warranty unless you return it to its original firmware unroot state

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

This is how you root and how you make your phone FASTER

http://www.xperiax10.net/2011/02/20/boost-your-xperia-x10-performance-%E2%80%93-jit-installation-gui...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

thanks for your action...

But, i also want to know... You said that our warranty will void but if we use recovery, it will give our phone to original state back if we restore it right? Correct me if i'm wrong...

Also, can my X8 doing it, because the link below the one you gave it to me, it said boost for xperia X10... Tq...

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

this is how you root an X8

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=811457

or here

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=144686772253562&topic=131

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

it getting confused when i look to those website... I cant do it, it's to complicated and also i'm worrid if i do it in wrong way, it give a damaged to my phone...

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

superoneclick is the easiest way to root your phone

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/root-sony-ericsson-xperia-x8-with-superoneclick/

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

ok... thank for you help...

lastly, is it illegal to do it?? hehehe... also, it is save to do it so?? tq again...

Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

you are not doing anything wrong, the only thing you are doing is to have lets say "administrator" access to your phone, so you can install other apps and manage your phone

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

thank to you... now i already root my x8... it working great and it seem lot faster than old state... is it right?? tq so much....Slightly smiling Face