account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

ELM - how do I delete unsaved numbers?

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

ELM - how do I delete unsaved numbers?

Hi there!

Does any one know please how to delete unsaved messages on the ELM?  Basically, they're not saved in my phone book and I've already deleted them from my call history yet if I start to type in a number they still appear in the drop down numbers?

I've tried all the obvious things (as far as I know) such as saving them to a contact and deleting that way but they still show up!

Any help would be appreciated please!

X

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Re: ELM - how do I delete unsaved numbers?

Just got it! What you need to do is to actually save the unsaved numbers from the drop-down menu and then delete them in your contacts (make sure Auto save to SIM is off, otherwise you need to delete them in the SIM contacts as well).They will then disappear for good.Strange that you can only view these numbers when you start punching numbers on the screen.

14 REPLIES 14
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Perhaps the numbers are still in the SIM card.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Cheers for the quick response...

The numbers havent ever been saved so wouldnt expect them to be on my sim?  I have however taken the sim out etc... unless you know how to delete off the sim if they are there?

K

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

To check if they're on the SIM, go to Contacts, highlight one of them and from options select More--SIM contacts--select this to view them and delete the ones you want.If the contacts are there, it's probably because Auto save on SIM was on.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Heya

Just tried that and that they're not there... so still no luck!

(although on the plus side I now know how to do some "housekeeping" with old numbers that were stored on the sim..!)

K

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Just got it! What you need to do is to actually save the unsaved numbers from the drop-down menu and then delete them in your contacts (make sure Auto save to SIM is off, otherwise you need to delete them in the SIM contacts as well).They will then disappear for good.Strange that you can only view these numbers when you start punching numbers on the screen.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Wahoo... cheers Doc, all sorted!

It still didnt work so I set it to Auto Save to SIM on the off chance, then deleted it from my contacts and the SIM card which sorted it!  As such you've definitely been a big help :-)

I wont go into why I wanted them to dissapear but I can go to sleep now without worrying about it!

Cheers for your help, v.much appreciated.

K

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Have this problem on my Elm too. Unfortunately this method of saving as contact and deleting does not work for me. The numbers simply return to the unsaved list!

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Well if they haven't been autosaved to the SIM card and they insist on appearing, I would suggest a master reset.Sounds drastic, I know, but it should clear these unsaved numbers.Just remember to back all your phone data up on PC/PC Companion/memory card/SIM card beforehand.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Thanks for the quick response. I think I'll let them stay for now. Like you say, master reset is a bit drastic although I'll probably give it a go sometime.

Cheers