account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Touch issues with XZ Style Cover Touch

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Touch issues with XZ Style Cover Touch

I've just bought the Style Cover Touch and noticed it responding to touches that doesn't exist. (Means that either it's responding to touches even tho I'm not touching the screen, or I'm touching the bottom of the screen but it's responding on the top of the screen.)

Note: I do have a tempered glass screen protector on, could that be the reason behind this issue?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Touch issues with XZ Style Cover Touch

Most likely, yes. Or at least to rule out any defects in the phone screen and/or style cover, then you'll have to remove the glass protector and test without it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Update: I've noticed this issue only happens when the phone is warm, or when I'm in a warmer environment.

Do Note: The touch screen works just fine when I open the touch cover. Only when the touch cover is closed, and the above conditions are met, then I'll have touch problems.
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Where can I buy the XZ Style Cover as it seems out of inventory in main dealer?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@SMRTLim wrote:
Update: I've noticed this issue only happens when the phone is warm, or when I'm in a warmer environment.

Do Note: The touch screen works just fine when I open the touch cover. Only when the touch cover is closed, and the above conditions are met, then I'll have touch problems.

I just got the XZ Style Touch cover, I think there is something wrong with the touch sensitivity, once I unlock the phone lots of times it acts by itself and swipes down the upper control screen although I didn't touvh the screen yet, note that the screen without any kind of screen protection or tamperred glass, just the cover. Is there any solution for the problem?

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Ahmad007

Don't create duplicate posts.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)