account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Style Cover Touch SCTF10 for Xperia XZ - will not work

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Style Cover Touch SCTF10 for Xperia XZ - will not work

I have just purchased a SCTF10  cover for my new XZs.  The Troubleshooting section has the guidance below on selecting a cover, but there is no Settings > Display > Cover selection option on my XZs. The handset is up to date.  Any other thougths on how to connect the cover to the phone?! 

To select a cover

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Display > Cover selection.
  3. Tap Style Cover Touch.
  4. Tap Cancel to close the dialog or Open to set the screen brightness for when the cover is closed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Style Cover Touch SCTF10 for Xperia XZ - will not work

Hi @jnewman123456, welcome to our community!

I'm afraid that SCTF10 will not work with your Xperia XZs, it is made especially for the Xperia XZ.

If you are interested in a cover for your Xperia XZs, I would recommend that you have a look at the Stand Cover Stand SCSG20. This cover does not need to be paired with the phone and no setting has to be activated and when you close the cover the screen will be turned off and will turn on when you open the cover again.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @jnewman123456, welcome to our community!

I'm afraid that SCTF10 will not work with your Xperia XZs, it is made especially for the Xperia XZ.

If you are interested in a cover for your Xperia XZs, I would recommend that you have a look at the Stand Cover Stand SCSG20. This cover does not need to be paired with the phone and no setting has to be activated and when you close the cover the screen will be turned off and will turn on when you open the cover again.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

I've purchased the SCTG20, which is made expecially for the Xperia XZs. Why does it still not working? Why is the option to pair with cover only made on certain models, when there are option for their accessories?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @shaman_md, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

As far as I can see, the only market where SCTG20 is available in is Japan, so I don't have one that I can test with. Have you tried contacting the support there? They will be able to give you a more detailed answer as if this is limited to Xperia XZs devices sold there for example, since from what I understand you don't have any option to change anything in Settings > Display > Cover selection, is that correct?

The later Style Covers aren't paired with the device, that is something that we used previously and now there is a setting in the device instead.

Let me know how it goes!

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

It seems that I have found a workaround to the problem which involves installing the Style Cover apk to allow for the Settings > Display > Cover selection option to be made available on my phone. Now I can use the SCTG20 as intended.

Thanks anyways.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the update @shaman_md and I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve it! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day!