account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SW2 - GMail extension will die 31 March 2019 (& why I will never buy a smart Sony accessory again)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

SW2 - GMail extension will die 31 March 2019 (& why I will never buy a smart Sony accessory again)

Google have emailed me to say as Sony have not updated their app as per a warning given to them 5 months ago the app access to Google services will die.

A watch is not something you expect to last a few years... 

Hello,

Although you don’t need to take any action, we wanted to let you know that the following third-party apps will no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. This change will go into effect starting 31 March 2019.

Gmail Extension

We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure that your data is protected and private. These apps haven’t yet complied with our updated data privacy requirements announced on 8 October 2018.

You can always view, manage and remove apps that you’ve given access to your account by visiting your Google Account

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: SW2 - GMail extension will die 31 March 2019 (& why I will never buy a smart Sony accessory

Yes the same with every app, even call handler, it doesnt appear on the PlayStore