account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

MDR-XB70BT Earphones...

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

MDR-XB70BT Earphones...

Could someone tell me if the Sony MDR-XB70BT Extra Bass Bluetooth In-Ear headphones are specifically made for IPhones? The reason I'm asking is because I can't get the ⏪ skip back or skip forward ⏩ buttons to work with my Xperia XZ.... 

TINA
--❌--
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: MDR-XB70BT Earphones...

Hi @TINA66, sorry for the late reply.

There are certain Sony Xperia accessories, such as the SBH54. You can see them all on the link below.

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/

However your accessory is not a Sony Xperia accessory and therefor I can't assist you with it, sorry. Slightly frowning Face

If you have been in contact with Sony Electronics, I hope you received the answer your were looking for! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @TINA66, thank you so much for your question! Slightly smiling Face

This is a Sony Electronics product and not something that we can assist you with here at our Xperia forum.

You can contact Sony Electronics on the link below however and they should be able to assist you with your headset.

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Talent
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@Jonas Thanks for the link.

You said "This is a Sony Electronics product and not something that we can assist you with here at our Xperia forum" but the forum guidelines state that you can discuss or ask about Sony accessories...

TINA
--❌--
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @TINA66, sorry for the late reply.

There are certain Sony Xperia accessories, such as the SBH54. You can see them all on the link below.

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/

However your accessory is not a Sony Xperia accessory and therefor I can't assist you with it, sorry. Slightly frowning Face

If you have been in contact with Sony Electronics, I hope you received the answer your were looking for! Slightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thank you, especially for your last reply. Referring particularly to the "your accessory is not a Sony Xperia accessory"  for some strange reason after I'd read this I then realised what you meant! 😁

TINA
--❌--
Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Btw, to answer your question 

"If you have been in contact with Sony Electronics, I hope you received the answer your were looking for! "

No I didn't. However I know now (thanks to myself) that the Sony MDR-XB70BT Extra Bass Bluetooth In-Ear Neckband Headphones are fully compatible with my Xperia XZ,it's the volume up and down control buttons that controls the forward ⏭️ and back⏮️ buttons too. 

TINA
--❌--
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi again @TINA66, no problem and I understand that it can be quite confusing! Slightly smiling Face

Mobile, TV/Camera/Audio and then Playstation and there are three different supports!

I'm glad to hear that you figured out on your own which buttons handles the forward and back!

Have a great afternoon!

Talent
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @jonas, I knew which buttons it was, it turned out that I wasn't holding my finger down on them as long as what's needed 😊 

TINA
--❌--