account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

com.sonymobile.rcahandler has stopped

Rookie
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: Error rcahandler

I hav same problem on my z5p after update!

Learner
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

Re: Ultra Stamina Mode on/off fix

THIS WORK certainly in short term. I have been having the RCAHANDLER and CRASH error messages before,during and after boot in safe mode along with the ever prevalent NFC SERVICE at 0% (with the NFC SERVICE always turned off and no bank style apps ever installed).DDraw your own conclusions.

I wondered if the latter problem  was down to a full integrated storage issue as at 30 out of 32 Gb but after trying to disable clear and otherwise mess with Google and Chrome settings, sparked off the other errors.

So tried ultra Stamina for the first time and for the next reboot all the way for next 20 mins even on low battery... So far no errors at all.

Will post on NFC thread also in case as no fix has ACTUALLY stood up to the SOLVED test

Running a Z3+ uk handset second hand

Visitor
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I am running the same device, will give it a try 

One time poster
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

Re: com.sonymobile.rcahandler has stopped

@ermond12 wrote:

This prompt always shows up everytime I restart my phone. Already tried force stopping it and clearing its data but still the same. My phone is Xperia XZ (F8332), Android 7.1.1.Screenshot_20170520-181309.png

Same problem with z5. Apps like fb in not installing showing error 505

Learner
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

The two factors I find for it coming up more regularly is a) after it has turned itself of from lack of power then turning it on before a substantial charge has been allowed in, combined with b) low storage space on the device (not external memory card).

I see on your screenshot you have 100%  charge. What's your memory situation like? Did it power off from battery running out?

Visitor
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

Update - it came back again so I think my 'fix' doesn't work. Gave up in the end and re-formatted the phone, then sold it and got an LG G6 instead!

One time poster
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Hello everyone!

Don t know if anyone of you already find out the cause of the problem...but i do think i did...!

Spent some time turning off and on my Z5 checking the timing of the two error messages and realized they always show up at the same time the alarm clock icon appears on the status bar (i had several alarm set).

Tried to switch them all off and restart the phone and...

IT WORKED!!!!!

No more rcahanler or crashmonitor.

Nothing. 

All clear.

Now i'm going to download a different alarm clock app to see if it s Just a bug of the system's app or if Sony wants us not to wake up...

Winking Face

Really hope it helped you all.

Visitor
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

By the help center they show you apps that are not working good u need to delete them and see what happens 

Highlighted
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

My Xperia Z5 Compact does the same, com.sonymobile.rcahandler has stopped
One time poster
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

This issue I am getting first time advice how to solve this