account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Weather Widget v 1.3.A.2.9 on Oreo 8.0.0

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Weather Widget v 1.3.A.2.9 on Oreo 8.0.0

Every time I perform a restart the weather widget never appears to automatically load my saved location, and I therefore have to tap on the widget and once its opened full screen and after I pull it down from top to bottom which ultimately refreshes the app only then does my saved location load on the weather screen, the one I refer to usually sits underneath the Google search bar.

Any idea why it doesn't load the weather location immediately the phone has fully loaded? 

8 REPLIES 8
Commissioner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Weather Widget v 1.3.A.2.9 on Oreo 8.0.0

Why quote my question then add nothing to it? 

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Wether widget problem

Every restart not show the widget. Every restart I choose again this widget 

How to fix it? 

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@cobbler I was able to reproduce this, it will show nothing unless you resize the widget a couple of times or add it again.

I will try to get more information about this.

PS: About the upper post, I will remove it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

It eventually shows location after a min or so, don't think it's a big problem. 

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@cobbler@Hafarkw please check out the below link with a comment from a Sony representative:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.xperiaweather&reviewId=gp%3AAOqpTOG2q1H...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@alexdon wrote:

@cobbler@Hafarkw please check out the below link with a comment from a Sony representative:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.xperiaweather&reviewId=gp%3AAOqpTOG2q1H...

Thanks, but which particular comment on the Playstore is it relating to? 

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@cobbler dude:

After reboot the app/widget freezes on my Sony Xperia Compact X. Is there a fix on the way?

That should be it.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@alexdon wrote:

@cobbler dude:

After reboot the app/widget freezes on my Sony Xperia Compact X. Is there a fix on the way?

That should be it.

I think you must have quoted the wrong person.