account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

TV & SideView closed without any apparent motivation

Commissioner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

TV & SideView closed without any apparent motivation

Hi Community,

I report another very very bad and sad decision of Sony Mobile.

The brand has decided, without real and apparent motivations, to close one of the best and most appreciate app of its development, the TV & SideView app.

The app has a lot of downloads (in Italy for sure) and it very used from every users with a Sony's TV. More, the app has a great design and functionality, the best in the Google Play Store especially for its section dedicated to a programs' guide. It is, or it was, the only in the Store to have this functionality togheter others dedicated to the TVs.

It is a behaviour very incorrect and not serious from a big brand to give services most appreciated that valorize a device and then close them without hear the users the give profits to the company by buying its devices.

For me, personally, a company that has this behaviour and continues to cut apps and services it's a very bad company and I, personally, will never want support it. For this behaviour and reasons, my actual Xperia will be the last, then I will go to brands more serious and care with the users.

Very bad Sony, very bad! A great app, closed from one day to another transforming device to Google Pixel ones and, finally, losing sells because they have nothing personal and different.

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: TV & SideView closed without any apparent motivation

Totally agree with you, I have been a Sony customer for years and my purchase of a Sony tv last year was bought on the strength of tv and video sideview and now they pull the plug. Come on Sony that is no way to keep customers satisfied what are you playing at. TV and video sideview is the best app in the store why oh why are you shooting yourselves in the foot,  I for one have lost all  faith in your company and will no longer reccomend sony products to my customers as you cannot be relied upon. Bye