account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Android Oreo Flavor: Accordion in Notification Bar on Network Activity

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 23
Message 21 of 23

Re: Sony Android Oreo Flavor: Accordion in Notification Bar on Network Activity

When will this issues finally be fixed by Sony? I have the xz2 compact with may 2018 update and this is still there!

I just reported this to the Sony local Support via Chat and they told me that they will forward this to the respective people at Sony.

Visitor
Message 22 of 23
Message 22 of 23

Thanks for the app.  This works well.  Looks like I'll need to bookmark this so I recall the command any time I reboot the phone.

But between this issue, the notification icons flipping at the top left, Sony breaking visual voicemail, and removing headphone jacks, I think this will be the last Sony phone I buy.

Which is a shame because all I want is a small phone that isn't a piece of junk.

Highlighted
Message 23 of 23
Message 23 of 23

@romanempire wrote:

Re: "Security exception: Operation not permitted for user shell" - this is both good and bad. Good because it may no longer be possible to drop a overlay package and enable it, changing the resources of any app. And bad because my workaround for disabling network indicators may not work.

What Android version does XZ2 Compact run? 

Did you ever figure out a way to get the overlays working on 8.1+?