account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Show only phonenumber contacts android 7

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Show only phonenumber contacts android 7

In Android 6 it was possible to only show those contacts for which a phonenumber was known. I can't seem to find this option in Android 7 Nougat. Does anyone know how to do this?
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Show only phonenumber contacts android 7

@Floor

it seems that you might need a third party app for that. Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Floor, welcome to our forum!

Are you referring to the setting that you could find in the contacts application Android 6.0 which was called Contacts with phone numbers (Only show contacts that have phone numbers) and was found under "Filter"?

If you are, @uliwooly is correct, you will need to use a third party contacts application that has this feature.

I have requested some more information if this setting will be reintroduced again and I will update you as soon as I have received this information.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again!

I have received some more information regarding this feature in the Contacts application.

You may experience that the option to filter contacts without a saved number is missing in Android™ 7.0. However, this is intentional, and not a bug. There is currently no plan to re-implement this option, though no final decision has been made.

So you will have to use a third party application that has this feature. You can also use the workaround below.

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Phone.
  3. Enter a phone number, name or other information in the Search contacts field. The contacts that don't have saved numbers will not show up.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.