account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remote play on e5

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Remote play on e5

Is there any plans to make the remote play app available for the xperia e5? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Remote play on e5

Hi @Drc1, welcome to our community!

I am sorry to say that Xperia E5 does not support PlayStation 4 Remote Play according to the information which I have available, and I unfortunately do not know what future plans may look like for Xperia E5, and other Xperia devices which currently do not support it. To my knowledge, support for the feature has not been added after launch for a device which has not initially supported it. Slightly frowning Face 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Drc1, welcome to our community!

I am sorry to say that Xperia E5 does not support PlayStation 4 Remote Play according to the information which I have available, and I unfortunately do not know what future plans may look like for Xperia E5, and other Xperia devices which currently do not support it. To my knowledge, support for the feature has not been added after launch for a device which has not initially supported it. Slightly frowning Face 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

And it won't be available for other android devices?? Like I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and it's not compatible with it. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Lopez6088, the Remote Play feature is exclusive to Xperia devices.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

What Xperia devices are supported

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I'm not sure why nobody responded to your last question. Typically only flagship models (Z3, Z3+, Z5, X, XZ, XZ1, XZ2, XZ3, etc.) have supported Remote Play. This includes Premium, Compact, and Tablet variants with these names. I'm not aware of any mid-range devices that have supported it. If you're looking for something more affordable, you'll have to look at an older model from the Z3 onward. It's certainly a cool feature, but it's disappointing that it's only been locked to the top line models. I feel like it would get more use on mid-range models.