account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

PS4 Remote play not fit on 18:9 xz2 compact display

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

PS4 Remote play not fit on 18:9 xz2 compact display

Hello, i have sony xperia XZ2 compact and PS4, but when i connect and play games on PS4 via mobile app Remote play i dont have full screen. How i can fix it? Sorry for my bad english. Thanks

xz2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: PS4 Remote play not fit on 18:9 xz2 compact display

I don't think there's anything that you can do about that. Remote Play is sending a 16:9 image to a 18:9 display. I'm not aware of a way to stretch the image to match the disaply. I also suspect that it will be even worse on the new 21:9 displays.

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: PS4 Remote play not fit on 18:9 xz2 compact display

Consoles have come a long way since their early years, and this means that they're useful for a lot more than just playing video games. Whether you use your PlayStation 4 for its apps or to watch movies and listen to music, the DualShock 4 controller isn't exactly designed for non-gaming related activities in mind. That's where media remotes come in, like PDP's excellent Cloud Remote for PS4 that's officially licensed by Sony.