account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Message 421 of 447
Message 421 of 447

Re: Message application freezes

@MosEne

Check this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/m-p/125874...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 422 of 447
Message 422 of 447

Re: Message application freezes

Worked, thank you!

Regular
Message 423 of 447
Message 423 of 447

Re: Messaging (SMS) App crashing on Xperia XZ

Thanks.

Just out of interest is this an Xperia thing, or does it affect other Android phones which also updated to Chrome 60?

Message 424 of 447
Message 424 of 447

Re: Messaging (SMS) App crashing on Xperia XZ

@SwedishRob

I'm not sure, to be honest. But those users who were using Google's Android Messages didn't see the issue, still this might be due to both the apps (Chrome and Messages) belong to Google so cross compatibility was tested.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 425 of 447
Message 425 of 447

Messaging app keeps hanging...

Bonjour depuis la mise à jour il y a un souci avec les SMS. Ça me dit que l'application ne fonctionne pas et me propose soit d'attendre soit de patienter.

Comment réparer ceci

Merci

Cordialement

Hello since the update there is a concern with SMS. It tells me that the application does not work and offers me to either wait or wait.

How to fix this

Thank you

cordially

GT

One time poster
Message 426 of 447
Message 426 of 447

SMS?

SMS låser telefon helt trots fabriksinst. Varför? Garantibyte? 

SMS locks the phone completely despite factory default. Why? Warranty Replacement?

GT

One time poster
Message 427 of 447
Message 427 of 447

Messaging app keeps freezing

When I open messages to reply the keyboard doesn't open and the phone then locks up then I get a message saying messaging is not responding close app or wait I've turned the phone off and on which hasn't worked it also does it on the facebook app any ideas I've had Sonys years and this is the first phone I've had that's locked up 

One time poster
Message 428 of 447
Message 428 of 447

SMS mms impossible send

Sorry but i m going to try write in english, but i hope so much i can understand your answer... Please help me, because il use a lot SMS /mms for Work and personal. But my new phone answer to me Send impossible !!! Why ??? Please help me

One time poster
Message 429 of 447
Message 429 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps freezing

Hi

I've had the same issue. It also tries to split the screen when I press the square to close the app.

The only way around it I have found is by creating a new message and then it adds to the existing thread. A bit annoying if you want to fast reply.

Haven't had an issue with FB though...

Dunno if it's associated with the recent update? 

Visitor
Message 430 of 447
Message 430 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps freezing

Its something to do with the chrome browser update. Uninstall updates through play store and turn off automatic updates for this app via the 3 dots in top right corner.