account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
KW5
One time poster
Message 401 of 447
Message 401 of 447

Message app keeps crashing

For the past week or so my text message app has stopped working.

I can receive text messages however when I click onto the message app, it then freezes. I am unable to type or scroll. 

After a few seconds a message appears telling me that the message app is not responding and it gives me the option to either close application or wait.

I have tried to restart my phone on several occasions and have also cleared the cache however this has not resolved the issue. 

I have been back into carphone warehouse where I got the phone only a month ago and they have advised me that there have been a number of complaints regarding the same issue. They believe it to be an issue with the latest update.

Please can I have an update as to when this bug will be fixed?

Message 402 of 447
Message 402 of 447

Re: Text messaging app keeps freezing

@Glear

@KW5

Check this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/m-p/125843...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 403 of 447
Message 403 of 447

The Google fix only sorts out some of the issues and of course it means we go backwards in terms of functionality on the google app, the MMS issue and chat functionality issues still remain and frankly make the phone near untenable, I would have thought phone functionality (basic functionality) was Sony's priority here so i am unsure why this issue that appears to have been ongoing ALL year still remains .. any chance of a real fix Sony or should I be looking for a differnt phone to ensure i can utilise "basic" functionality 

Message 404 of 447
Message 404 of 447

@Shorts

Try using Google's Android Messages app.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 405 of 447
Message 405 of 447

Many thanks - I will try the app, would be simpler of course if Sony just fixed the issue, if i was looking for an all Android open style phone i guess a Google pixel might be the one to grab .. but I am a Sony tragic so we will carry on rewardless (i mean regardles) :-) 

One time poster
Message 406 of 447
Message 406 of 447

messaging

Bună ziua! Am o problema, pur și simplu când vreau sa scriu un sms nu pot deoarece mi se blochează iar dacă ii dau reset își revine pentru ce a timp... Ce pot sa fac în acest caz? 

Hello! I have a problem simply when I want to write a sms I can not because it crashes and if they give it reset it returns for what time ... What can I do in this case?

GT

One time poster
Message 407 of 447
Message 407 of 447

Re: Freezing and crashing

Im with in the same boat but my phone has taken it to the next level.
facebook app would crash everyday.
then it turned into the phone not unlocking or even turning the screen on for about 3-4 mins
then text message app,would open a conversation and it would freeze/mot respond. alot of my app will do this now.

AND TODAY, FOR THE SECOND TIME, IT CRASHED, RESTARTED, AND NOW MY SD CARD IS CORRUPTED. ALL MY PHOTOS, VIDEOS, APPS EVERYTHING. CANT ACCESS IT WITHOUT FORMATTING.

Finding it really hard to want to go buy another sony. as my z1 and z2 also corrupted my sd card before.
64gb of data gone.
thanks sony  

One time poster
Message 408 of 447
Message 408 of 447

Text messaging issue

So I open up my messaging application and when i enter into a persons conversations the keyboard won't come up and the thing comes up with messaging up in not responding and shuts down i have tried a few different things to fix it lbut nothing seems to permanently work

Message 409 of 447
Message 409 of 447

Re: Text messaging issue

@Cj221

@Dobre

Check this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/m-p/125843...

One time poster
Message 410 of 447
Message 410 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

Same and my