account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Message 381 of 447
Message 381 of 447

Re: Xperia SMS app crashing

@Hoops2

Check the fixes suggested in previous messages.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 382 of 447
Message 382 of 447

Message app keeps crashing

Hi

For the last week or so my text messaging keeps freezing & crashing. It's intermittent but becoming more and more frequent. I've cleared all my old messages so that there's hardly any sitting there but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. 

Just wondering if anyone else having this problem or do I need to get in touch with support? 

Thanks 

One time poster
Message 383 of 447
Message 383 of 447

Re: Z5 Compact Messaging App problem.!

I was hoping for a solution having the same issue. 

One time poster
Message 384 of 447
Message 384 of 447

Download a different Web browser (I used Firefox). Go into settings, then apps, and go to messaging. Next scroll down and click on sms app. In here it will have an option for browser app. Change it from Chrome to Firefox (or whichever you downloaded). Seems to have worked for me. Think the issue was with Chrome, so took it out of the equation. Hope this helps people because it was driving me nuts

One time poster
Message 385 of 447
Message 385 of 447

Re: Anyone elses message app freeze al tge time so u cant use it

I uninstalled version 60 and went back to previous version which solved the problems. When the new version came out I downloaded that and the hanging problems returned.!!!!!!!!!. Very frustrating. 

Visitor
Message 386 of 447
Message 386 of 447

Re: Sony xperia xz texting app keeps crashing and force closing

I have a similar problem where my curser in my text message gets stuck then freezes. 

Learner
Message 387 of 447
Message 387 of 447

Solution on this forum worked for me. Uninstall chrome updates...

For full instructions see the solution link at the top of this page.

All the best 

Nick 

Message 388 of 447
Message 388 of 447

Re: Not working since update

you don't need to buy a new app, you can get some free ones from Play Store. Pulse SMS is free, for example, and works fine, you could try that until the Sony SMS app gets fixed https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger
Learner
Message 389 of 447
Message 389 of 447

I've been having a similar problem with my Z5 Premium recently and it's really starting to bug me. Only way I've managed to sort it (albeit temporarily) is be turning th phone off for a couple minutes. Sometimes I've had to turn it off multiple times though.

One time poster
Message 390 of 447
Message 390 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

Messaging app keeps stopping, have tries clearing data and a restart and sometimes works but last few attempts are not working? Have only had phone one month!