account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 281 of 447
Message 281 of 447

Re: Sms issue I'cant text messages at standart sms app

Uninstalling updates for Chrome fixed the problem for me.... I think 

Learner
Message 282 of 447
Message 282 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

I can confirm this behavior on an XZ on Telia carrier in Norway:

After update to 41.2.A.7.53, the stock Messaging App on a noon-rooted XZ, with quite few apps, repeatedly hangs on both cold boot starting, and if started after other app usage. Below behavior was not there before the update.

Behavior:

Phone is idle.

Starting Messaging.

Clicks on any conversation. IF that works (i.e. no freeze of application)

I view the existing conversation.

But: The cursor does not flash. I cannot enter text.

After a while Android reports that the app is unresponsive, and asks what to do.'

Other messaging-type apps on the phone include:

WhatsApp, Hangouts, Yammer, Skype for business, WebEx. All are in some use.

I run the phone in permanent Stamina mode.

The behavior is consistent on an otherwise highly stable network. I have not noticed any other deficiency after the update.

Happy bug-hunting :-)

Apprentice
Message 283 of 447
Message 283 of 447

Re: Sms issue I'cant text messages at standart sms app

Worked for me also

Visitor
Message 284 of 447
Message 284 of 447

CAN'T SEND SMS. PLS HELP.

All of a sudden, messaging app on my Xperia XZ went berserk. Can't reply to received messages. It just hangs. Tried hard factory reset and restarted the phone numerous time but to no avail. Pls help. What should be done to fix this? Thank you. 

One time poster
Message 285 of 447
Message 285 of 447

Freeze Sony z5

Translation via Google Translate:
Good afternoon, the smartphone hangs as soon as I go into sms correspondence, what should I do?

Добрый день, смартфон виснет как только захожу в смс переписку, что делать? 

Message 286 of 447
Message 286 of 447

Re: CAN'T SEND SMS. PLS HELP.

@EGL123

Try the workarounds suggested here.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 287 of 447
Message 287 of 447

Re: Freeze Sony z5

@Polkillo38

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

I also merged it into an older thread on the same topic, so try the suggestions mentioned here.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 288 of 447
Message 288 of 447

Re: Can't send message to some contacts

Not sure if there's been a fix, but mine's working fine now.

Well forget that... still broken..

One time poster
Message 289 of 447
Message 289 of 447

Messaging app

Myself and the husband have the xz platinum version, we both have problems where as we go to send a text message, we open the message app and its froze, you can't type a message or even come back out of it without waiting for the app to tell you it's not responding, does anyone else have this issue? 

One time poster
Message 290 of 447
Message 290 of 447

Messages frozen on sony xz

Since update last Tuesday my messages keep freezing and have to turn my phone off and on again to unfreeze it rest of the phone works fab just my messages tried calling sony makes two rings then cut off from their end. What can I do to fix it iv already done a factory reset and I pay alot each month for my phone sort it out!