account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 431 of 447
Message 431 of 447

Re: ANDROID 7.1.1 UPDATE PROBLEM

Try uninstalling updates for chome browser through play store, the latest update has caused a few issues for me too... 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 432 of 447
Message 432 of 447

Re: SMS mms impossible send

Hi @tranthe

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues, just to clarify, are you experiencing issues with using the SMS application, freezing etc. for example. 

Or can you navigate the app but messages will not send? 

Let me know Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 433 of 447
Message 433 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps freezing

Yes, mee to, mesagging is not working four a week now

Emperor
Message 434 of 447
Message 434 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps freezing

@Matt79 @Mogesa @Pdevil @Sean94

Take a look at this 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/td-p/12539...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 435 of 447
Message 435 of 447

Re: SMS?

There is Chrome update available, seems to fix messaging app problem. Check Google Play for updates. 

J77
Learner
Message 436 of 447
Message 436 of 447

Messaging

I uninstalled the chrome updates, iys better but still cant send messages. I get the red exclamation with could not send pop up.... My phone has been glitchy fot a while and couldnt connect while abroad... Its been a nightmare. I got rid of the Splitwise app also and seems a bit better..... I never had these problems with sony.... Why now? 

Talent
Message 437 of 447
Message 437 of 447

Re: Messaging

Have you thought of trying a 3rd party app? 

Message 438 of 447
Message 438 of 447

@J77

@SDR-1970

Or even Google's Android Messages, that's a brilliant one.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Talent
Message 439 of 447
Message 439 of 447

This is happening on my X Compact too, hangs but only in when I am in certain conversations? Some don't hang the app at all. Has this been fixed yet?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 440 of 447
Message 440 of 447

Hi @alex_ncfc,

Please see my reply earlier in this topic: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/m-p/125732...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.