account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 391 of 447
Message 391 of 447

Re: Xperia X Compact frozen text messaging

Since recent update I get this message 'messaging isn't responding' started yesterday after I downloaded your recent update. WHY???? 

Message 392 of 447
Message 392 of 447

Re: Message app keeps crashing

hey, sorry for the lazy copy & paste, but I believe this comment of mine will be relevant to your issue https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Text-messages-and-Bluetooth/m-p/1258293#M10613
Learner
Message 393 of 447
Message 393 of 447

Uninstalling chrome update as suggested on this forum worked for me

Good luck 

Visitor
Message 394 of 447
Message 394 of 447

How do i do that?  Sony should sort the problem out

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 395 of 447
Message 395 of 447

Re: Text message app freezing x performance

Im having the same problems with my text messaging on my Sony X Performence. It seemed to start right after my last update a week or two ago.

Talent
Message 396 of 447
Message 396 of 447

Messenger not working - for over an hour now

Does anyone know why the sms Messenger has just totally crashed? I tried restarting the phone but it refuses to do anything for over an hour now. It just keeps showing me 'Messenger is not responding'. Is this a known issue? It's pretty serious as sms is my main method of communication! 

ulu
One time poster
Message 397 of 447
Message 397 of 447

Re: Text message app freezing x performance

i found another temporary workaround:

after opening message thread list don't open any thread if circles near names are in same color. in that case scroll little bit down and up to make circles near names coloured with different colors, after that you can open any thread without issue..

it seems that this name coloring feature used in sony messaging app is used from stock android / chrome functionality (similar to stock contacts, phone app..)

Apprentice
Message 398 of 447
Message 398 of 447

Re: Anyone elses message app freeze al tge time so u cant use it

Sorry but what do Chrome has do with the message app?

One time poster
Message 399 of 447
Message 399 of 447

SMS issue

Anyone know if Sony are actually bothering to do something about the SMS issue. Nearly every time, the in-built messaging app locks up if you open an existing conversation.

It is pretty pathetic that a Sony phone cannot even properly handle an SMS, something that's been around since consumer cellphones appeared.

I have really lost all faith with Sony and I no longer perceive them as a premium brand. Just a premium price. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 400 of 447
Message 400 of 447

Re: SMS issue

Hi @umbugnet01

Welcome to the community. 

This issue has been caused due to the latest update of Google Chrome, version 60.**. This issue will be corrected in an upcoming software release of Google Chrome. Note! Software rollouts are a phased process – timing & availability may vary by market/carrier. 

A workaround until the updated version of Google Chrome is available is to uninstall the latest update from Google Chrome, and then disable automatic updates in Settings.

To uninstall the latest update from Google Chrome

1. Find and tap Settings Apps > Chrome.
  2. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then select UNINSTALL UPDATES.

To disable automatic updates from Google Chrome

1. Find and tap Play Store.
  2. Search for Google Chrome, and then tap Google Chrome: Fast & Secure.
  3. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then uncheck Auto-update.

Please note this will not stop you from using the Google Chrome application until the update is released.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.