account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 361 of 447
Message 361 of 447

Re: Can't send message to some contacts

Don't send your phone off, there is nothing wrong with your phone, it's just the latest Update of Chrome it has some Bugs & 1of the bugs is it Freezes our Messenger.. Just go into Apps clear the cache & Data for Messenger then go to play store & install MESSAGES FOR ANDROID & use that as your Default Message app,,, its also better than the 1 that Freezes..👍 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 362 of 447
Message 362 of 447

Re: Can't send message

Restart phone a million times then it works for few minutes 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 363 of 447
Message 363 of 447

Same thing is happening to me... Last few days massage aplication is crushing down often

@Fanti wrote:

Hi I've got a problem with xperia xz messages I can't send reply or create new message it just freeze to crash after few minutes. 

, restarting is no hep at all... 

Talent
Message 364 of 447
Message 364 of 447

Uninstall chrome updates. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 365 of 447
Message 365 of 447

hi, i have exaclty tha same thing ! 

what can i do !? 

gg

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 366 of 447
Message 366 of 447

Re: Anyone elses message app freeze al tge time so u cant use it

That's a very good idea. Thanks!
How can we make sure that others see this solution as well?
With an XPERIA smartphone from Sony, freedom is in your hands!
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 367 of 447
Message 367 of 447

Re: Text message app freezing x performance

It's happening to mine aswell. I've tried factory reset AND software repair on laptop, still freezes. 

Highlighted
Cl8
One time poster
Message 368 of 447
Message 368 of 447

Freezing and crashing

Over the last few days my phone has started playing up freezing when I try to use the messaging on the device and just recently it's affecting other apps and the phone has restarted its self. Is this something to do with the latest software update? 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 369 of 447
Message 369 of 447

Re: Freezing and crashing

@Cl8

This has been reported

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/td-p/12539...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 370 of 447
Message 370 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

I'm having the same issues with it hanging I can send a text message but then can't reply to a received once I turn device off and back on its find for a little while this has happened randomly over the last few days it's freezes up as well prompting to restart app but does exact same thing