account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
K8y
Learner
Message 341 of 447
Message 341 of 447

Anyone elses message app freeze al tge time so u cant use it

Anyone elses message app freeze al tge time so u cant use it

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 342 of 447
Message 342 of 447

Re: Anyone elses message app freeze al tge time so u cant use it

Hi everyone,

You might experience that the Messaging app is not responding while opening an existing conversation thread. This is corrected in the latest software for Google Chrome™, version 60.0.3112.116. Please note that software rollouts are a phased process so timing and availability may vary by market/carrier.

A workaround until the updated version of Google Chrome is available is to uninstall the latest update from Google Chrome, and then disable automatic updates for the app.

To uninstall the latest update from Google Chrome

1. Find and tap Settings > Apps > Chrome.
  2. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then select UNINSTALL UPDATES.

To disable automatic updates from Google Chrome

1. Find and tap Play Store.
  2. Search for "Google Chrome", and then tap Google Chrome: Fast & Secure.
  3. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then uncheck Auto-update.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 343 of 447
Message 343 of 447

Installed message app keeps stalling on z5 premium

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their pre installed message app?

More than 20 times since last Saturday it has froze and I can't message the person I am intending to, close it move it.  The little icons on the side in a message that is your profile pic is not visible.

Can some one please help. My phone is up-to-date and have tried everything I can think off.

Enthusiast
Message 344 of 447
Message 344 of 447

Hi,

I'm sorry but I cannot accept this as a viable solution. You cannot just ask thousands of Xperia users to roll back to the stock Chrome app. A repair update should be released as soon as possible for all affected users.

With an XPERIA smartphone from Sony, freedom is in your hands!
Message 345 of 447
Message 345 of 447

Hi @sebikorek @40Bear01

You can see that according to Christofers post here https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/m-p/125732... that this is indeed a temporary workaround whilst awaiting a repair update that will be released.

I understand how frustrating it surely is and in an ideal world the fix would be immediate, but unfortunately these things take a little time and the main aim is to get your device working for you as it should. In this case it means applying a temporary workaround whilst waiting for the fix to be deployed.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 346 of 447
Message 346 of 447

Thank you so much Christopher. I was sure I was about to lose mind. I had tried everything but resetting my phone and then I found your post. So relieved I followed your instructions and message app appears to be working again. 

One time poster
Message 347 of 447
Message 347 of 447

Latest update

Since the latest update on my xperia, the messaging isn't working, is anybody else having this problem, I've tried clearing the cache but still nothing, any help would be appreciated. 

Rookie
Message 348 of 447
Message 348 of 447

Re: Can't send message to some contacts

Same problem... Only seems to affect one number in my contacts and only when I want to reply to it. Have found if I keep my message app open all the time then it still works fine...its only when I close it then reply will the cursor freeze. Then I have to open a different message or start new one before it will work again... Please fix this as this is a great phone apart from this sticky messaging service... 

Rookie
Message 349 of 447
Message 349 of 447

Have just found info on https://talk.sony mobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging

... Suggests uninstalling Google Chrome and using Google beta that solves problem... Has sorted mine so far and lots of other peoples... 😀 something to do with the Google Chrome keyboard update??? Hope this helps... 

Rookie
Message 350 of 447
Message 350 of 447

My way of getting around it, I just cleared the cache & data from Messenger, then installed Messages for Android off Play Store & set that as My Default Messages server..

All works fine & you don't have to uninstall Chrome... It turns out Messages for Android is far better than Sony's Messenger..