account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Message 321 of 447
Message 321 of 447

Re: Z5 message problem

@ztreh

Check the suggestions mentioned above.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 322 of 447
Message 322 of 447

Messaging keep freezing on xperia xz

Hi can anyone help please for the past 2 weeks my messaging on my phone keeps freezing, it's sonys own messenger. I have to always force close it and restart my phone then sometimes it will work but quite often it still keeps freezing. It's always happening when I go to reply to a message. Anyone have an ideas on whats causing it? I've just had a system update the other day and thought maybe that would improve it but it hasn't. It's really annoying!! 

Apprentice
Message 323 of 447
Message 323 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

Hi,

Recently the Sony Message app is hanging upon entering a specific conversation.

When this happen the cursor in the input field is not blinking.

I found a temporary way to get pass this:

1. Press square-button and Clear all apps

2. Start Message and Open-Close a "working" conversation

3. Open the conversation that caused the freezing, now it's ok.

My phone is a Xperia X Compact (F5321) with 7.1.1  August 1 security update (34.3.A.0.217).

Message app 29.3.A.4.15.

Someone on these forums blaming Google Chrome that I updated recently to version 60.0.3112.107.

Best regards,

Ulf

One time poster
Message 324 of 447
Message 324 of 447

Translation via Google Translate:

Same problem on Z5.
My phone has 26 crashes ...
Nothing before the last Xperia software update ...

Même problème sur Z5.

Mon téléphone compte 26 crashs...

Rien avant dernière mise à jour du logiciel Xperia...

Message 325 of 447
Message 325 of 447

@StephNantes

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

It's not related to a recent software update, read the above suggestions.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 326 of 447
Message 326 of 447

My xperia x messaging app keeps on hanging... Please help me resolved.

My xperia x messaging app keeps on hanging... Please help me resolved.

Message 327 of 447
Message 327 of 447

Messaging app continually crashing

Hello,

I am using the latest Xperia XZ build (41.2.A.7.53). My messaging app is perpectually crashing/not working. However, the Android Messaging app works perfectly.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Daniel
Apprentice
Message 328 of 447
Message 328 of 447

If it's not related to a software update, why has it only occurred after a software update? "Maybe Sony, maybe Google but still an update. 

One time poster
Message 329 of 447
Message 329 of 447

Sms freeze cant exit or message anyone . Done a reboot. This. Been going on for about 3 days now

Sms freeze cant exit or message anyone . Done a reboot. This. Been going on for about 3 days now

Highlighted
Learner
Message 330 of 447
Message 330 of 447

Dear moderator, 

Assuming I understand you correctly, you want a large number of users to turn off automagic updates of Chrome. 

As a seasoned professional: I don't believe my ears. Noone - would in 2017 suggest turning off automatic patching of such central software, for such number of users. 

If you are have channels into Sony Mobile, please do work out a better solution with Google. The solution offered offloads risk on users on a level I never have experienced from Sony before, and for the record: I have been teaching lots of the computer science students now holding MSc degrees at Sony Mobile. Please send them the message that one of their former professors strongly disagreas with your workaround, and similarly, I know as a very loyal Sony customer that this can, should be, and eventually needs a proper solution - not a dangerous workaround. 

Thanks for your attention.