account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 291 of 447
Message 291 of 447

Problems with messages

Hi , does anyone else have problems with sending messages from their phone (XZ).

Partner has this model and since the weekend has been having bother with text messages . He can receive them ok but not send .He has reset phone to factory settings ,has valid sim card but still having bother with the texts . Also occasionally has bother with fingerprint id . He only got the phone on 26th June so wasn't expecting it to be faulty so quick . 

Can anyone else advise please 

One time poster
Message 292 of 447
Message 292 of 447

Help with newest update

After the most recent update, my texting app crashes regularly and the only way to fix it is to restart my phone. Anyone else having this issue? 

Talent
Message 293 of 447
Message 293 of 447

Re: Problems with messages

Uninstall last chrome update 

One time poster
Message 294 of 447
Message 294 of 447

Problems with messenger - need help

When I try using messenger (even after a fresh restore) I can't seem to text.. It freezes up.. Then I get an error message that says messenger isn't responding... Wait or close.. Like I've said.. Did a factory reset.. Tried removing my micro SD but still messes up... After a reboot it will work for a few texts.. But then frozen all over again. 

Looking for some help. 

Pat

Visitor
Message 295 of 447
Message 295 of 447

Re: Messaging not working

Hi, what is being done to fix the actual issue? It's good to have the workaround, but surely "uninstall Google Chrome Updates" can not be the final resolution to an issue with a completely separate app 

Also what are the ramifications of uninstalling the Chrome updates, are we removing any important security updates that could leave our devices vulnerable? 

Enthusiast
Message 296 of 447
Message 296 of 447

thanks for this suggestion. It works on my x compact.

Howver I have to remember not to update Chrome!

One time poster
Message 297 of 447
Message 297 of 447

Messaging constantly crashing

I will receive a txt message then as soon as I open it I can't reply as it instantly crashes. This is stupidly annoying. Anyone know how to fix this. The update did nothing 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 298 of 447
Message 298 of 447

Having read a plurality of messages here: This must be a software glitch that is common for many users, across several geographical regions, across at a minimum xz and XZ premium models. 

Knowing Sony, they will fix this quickly via software update (Right, Sony mobile :-)?.

That is, this is temporary. Give it a few days, and they will have fixed this.  

Learner
Message 299 of 447
Message 299 of 447

Messaging app keeps hanging...

Since installing software update today messenger opens but all messages hang and cannot be used 

One time poster
Message 300 of 447
Message 300 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

First of all, I suggest you all to back up your files because my xperia XZ suddenly died and I lost everything on my phone, now that Sony repaired my phone, messaging don't work, I rang them about the problem and they confirmed it is a software glitch and it is Google to blame!!! They don't know when the problem will be solved!!! Disappointed with Sony