account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 131 of 447
Message 131 of 447

Re: SMS app chrashes after last utdate (to build 41.2.A.7.53)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 132 of 447
Message 132 of 447

Re: SMS app chrashes after last utdate (to build 41.2.A.7.53)

@lipek78 wrote:

Hi.there is a quick fix for that.Unistall the last update of chrome!that works for me

It worked for me as well. Thanks!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 133 of 447
Message 133 of 447

Messaging isn't responding

I have been unable to use the messaging app for 3 days now!!!  I have emailed, live chat and called Sony support.  Disgusting Service!!!  I have been with Sony since the Walkman stage.  Never needed to contact them and the time I do,  this is how I get treated!!!  So unhelpful!!! I've switch the phone down, reset, done complete shut down, full factor reset and changed the sim.  I've now been told the phone will need to be sent for repair 10-17 days, having a laugh??  SONY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE MESSAGING APP, GET IT FIX!!!  Can someone please help me get this fixed or another way to message.  I don't use any social media. HELP PLEASE!!!!!  

Talent
Message 134 of 447
Message 134 of 447

Re: Messaging isn't responding

Apparently it's related to Chrome. I read on xda forum that a couple of users have suggested uninstalling all Chrome updates. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 135 of 447
Message 135 of 447

@SDR-1970 wrote:

Apparently it's related to Chrome. I read on xda forum that a couple of users have suggested uninstalling all Chrome updates. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Uninnstalling Chrome updates actually works, but I have no idea why.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 136 of 447
Message 136 of 447

Thank you, I have done that.  It's is working but slow.  I'm just looking to get it fixed. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 137 of 447
Message 137 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

I'm having the same problem with my Sony Xperia X Performance. A few days ago the messaging app was crashing, i thought it was because i was getting a flood of text messages since i was using the SMS feature of groupme because I couldnt login to it on my phone. After deleting the messages and stoping the SMS from groupme the problem continued. I tried clearing cahce/appdata, restarting phone, force stoping, disabling and re-enabling, safe mode check (problem still occurs), and software repair. After all this the problem still continues. Any other advice?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 138 of 447
Message 138 of 447

Re: Problem with sms

Just to confirm this works, did it and instantly back up and running!!!!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 139 of 447
Message 139 of 447

Xperia XZ messaging not working

I have in intermittent problem were text messaging freezes. The keyboard fails to open then a few seconds later it tells me "messaging isn't responding". Also happens on Facebook messenger. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 140 of 447
Message 140 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

Yep, I'm suffering with this too.

Have started using a third party app to send SMS messages now.

Along with the Twitter App clash, Sony aren't filling me with confidence here