account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 61 of 447
Message 61 of 447

Re: Messaging app hangs

I started getting that today and even after using the Sony Companion fix it still hangs. Ended up using FB Messenger to send some important messages.

Not looking good for Sony.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 62 of 447
Message 62 of 447

SMS or Conversation not Displaying

When I try to a message from my contacts on the list of contacts in the messaging app. The app would crash 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 63 of 447
Message 63 of 447

Re: Messanging App Error

The issue seems to be with the latest Chrome update (59). After uninstalling some recent updates one at a time I discovered Chrome was to blame, so for a temporary fix try uninstalling Chrome. This will just take it back to a previous version so you can still use Chrome.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 64 of 447
Message 64 of 447

I have the same issue on newest firmware. I read on xda Forum as well but no one knows sollution. SONY - THIS IS A BUG! 

Talent
Message 65 of 447
Message 65 of 447

Does this also happen with 3rd party messaging apps too? 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 66 of 447
Message 66 of 447

I have not tried, but probably only Sony app crashes 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 67 of 447
Message 67 of 447

Text messaging freezing.

Every time I go into my text messaging my text freezes. Anyone know the fix for this? 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 68 of 447
Message 68 of 447

Same goes for me. Started just today. Rebooting phone fixes the problem for just 1 opening app.

Even after minimizing the problem comes back. 

Xperia XZ

Highlighted
Message 69 of 447
Message 69 of 447

Rebooted back to factory settings as it happened yesterday and now it's happening again, fix this please Sony 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 70 of 447
Message 70 of 447

Re: SMS or Conversation not Displaying

Exact same with me. I tried restarting the phone to deleting apps, to put to putting in safe mode, none of it worked.