account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 30 of 447
Message 30 of 447

Re: Messaging freezing

@Kasi23

you might want to repair the phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 447
Message 32 of 447

Re: Problem with sms

Hi @Bee2569,

Can you advise if you performed a backup of messages before the Factory Reset and if so did you restore them before testing out messaging?

@Ajdidronaugjt @Martinr1999

Have you attempted using an alternative SIM card as it could possibly be defective or may be too old for this device?

Please let me know.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 33 of 447
Message 33 of 447

Re: Messaging app keeps hanging...

@Kaiserjeff1986

is it the preloaded messaging app or a different app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 447
Message 34 of 447

The pre loaded one. I'm trying to figure if another app is causing this issue but I already did a factory reset of my phone and it's still the same. It's also showing in the support in the setting and I did try and resolve it but none seems to work yet. I'm not sure if the app was recently updated or not but for now I'm using the Android messenger and will keep looking into the cause of this.

One time poster
Message 35 of 447
Message 35 of 447

Re: Problem with sms

Sms not responding

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 447
Message 36 of 447

Screenshot_20170821-204236.png

Emperor
Message 37 of 447
Message 37 of 447

@Kaiserjeff1986

test the phone in >>> safe mode

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 447
Message 38 of 447

sketch-1503373596034.png

Learner
Message 39 of 447
Message 39 of 447

Re: Can't send message to some contacts

@uliwooly, I don't have the option for safe mode and when starting up pressing the buttons together that doesn't work either. I've done some experiments and it's only not sending sms to one number, all the others I have tried work fine. Coincidentally, the other number that it won't send to also loves in an Xperia X. 

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 447
Message 40 of 447

Screenshot_20170821-231535.pngStill the same after I did the software repair and to the commissioner earlier that replied I apologize for sharing that screen shot and you're more than welcome to offer any useful resolution about the issue.