account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app keeps hanging...

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 10 of 447
Message 10 of 447

Re: MMS crashes Messaging

That's what I think as well.  I am hoping it gets fixed soon.

Learner
Message 11 of 447
Message 11 of 447

I feel that could be it. I hope they come out with a fix soon.
Apprentice
Message 12 of 447
Message 12 of 447

I am having the same problem, started in January on my xperia XZ, has anyone found a solution?

One time poster
Message 13 of 447
Message 13 of 447

On my wife's Xperia I found that it happens whenever I send a MMS from my LG on a diff provider ( T-mobile is hers,  AT&T mine ) . Nobody else in the family sending her MMS causes it to crash. Deleting my conversation thread fixes it ( although loses the conversation history ) . Truly annoying and I hoipe a fix comes out or I ned to have her use a diff messaging app.

One time poster
Message 14 of 447
Message 14 of 447

Messaging freezing after software update.

Hi, after last weeks software update, have found that messaging intermittently freezes when trying to reply. Only cure is to delete original message thread and start new one.  My wife has had similar issue with her z5 compact, and when discussing with friend, its happening on his z5. 

Any body else having this issue, and what are Sony doing about ut? 

One time poster
Message 15 of 447
Message 15 of 447

Re: Messaging freezing after software update.

The same thing is happening to me and it is really annoying its kinda pising me off

One time poster
Message 16 of 447
Message 16 of 447

Problem with sms

Hi, I have a problem sending a message after sending a sms it blocks me further sending the message when i try to re-enter the contacts

One time poster
Message 17 of 447
Message 17 of 447

Can't send message to some contacts

Bonjour depuis plusieurs jours impossible d'envoyer des textos à certains de mes contacts. Même après un redémarrage toujours même problème. Dernière mise à jour faite. 

Hello for several days impossible to send text messages to some of my contacts. Even after a reboot always same problem. Last update made.

GT

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 447
Message 18 of 447

Re: Problem with sms

Hi @Tomcho,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with sending SMS.

Would it be possible for you to supply some screen shots of the issue as I do not understand the query in full.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 19 of 447
Message 19 of 447

Re: Problem with sms

I am having the same problem. Every time I have tried to send an sms to a person who I have sent more than one to the phone freezes and the keyboard does not pop up like it should. The phone then displays the "unfortunately messaging has stopped" message and either freezes the whole phone or doesn't let you do anything else. I have booted the phone in safe mode and it still occurs. I also factory reset my phone and it is still occurring.