account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Ideas I have after using daily Battery Care

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Ideas I have after using daily Battery Care

First of all, kudos Sony that you are concerned about the battery life in the long run!  

Now let me start by saying that I am a self employed jewelry makes with non standard sleep/wake times. In other words some days I wake up at 8am and others at 1pm according to my personal schedule.  After trying to make battery care work for me instead of having to work for it, I have the ideas stated below in order to work smarter for the user.  

Possibilities to detect reminder events and clock timers on top of your  sleep/wake patern. For example if I set the timer at 7am it could detect that and charge slowly until 6am and charge fully in the last hour before the timer goes off. 

While it is nice that when you plug the charger​ you get a message stating when your battery will be fully charge and can turn of battery care from the notification panel, what it instead of this pop-up message stating just the time you could press the time stated and change it to whenever you like? 

I'm thinking with something like the timer (clock app) which has the dials. 

I'm no software engineer but to me at least (with non standard wake/sleep times) seems like stuff like this will make battery care more reliable to use and trust every night.  

Thanks for the time, Alexander.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideas I have after using daily Battery Care

Fully agree, if they added an alarm bypass to the software it would work amazingly how the users with differing patterns need it.

Forward your ideas to your Local support so they can pass them on.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.