account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to find beautiful Xperia weather widget in app stores?

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

How to find beautiful Xperia weather widget in app stores?

Can anyone tell how to find the Xperia weather widget in any of the popular app stores / what it's name or developer team is?

I did quite a bit of searching, but cannot find it, as there are literally hundreds of weather apps/widgets which are close, but not quite like the one I had on my Xpreia Tipo.

The widget shows slow animations (like the clouds) which I especially loved. Most other weather apps don't have this, nor are they as beautifully designed.  The widget connects to AccuWeather in a browser if you activate the widget, however, it doesn't seem to be an AccuWeather app. There's no corresponding app on the phone at all, so it seems to be really just a widget (not an app). The widget itself is simply called "weather" (not very helpful in the stores).

Xperia Tipo Weather widget2.jpgWidget maximizedXperia Tipo Weather widget.jpgWeather widget

Thanks to anyone who has an idea...!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Apprentice
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to find beautiful Xperia weather widget in app stores?

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Thomas,

I did this search already, and checked 20-30 apps in the play store. No success. There also is a current weather app available by Sony that looks far more graphical and modern, but that is not the one I am looking for. That's why I posted the images to show which widget I meant.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Also made a remark in the google play store, requesting the old widget.

The answer came that a better version of the current, static one will come, yet not the same as the old one. Hmm.

Quoting;

Hi Remko van B.

We have plans to bring back animated 
widgets in the future, they won't be
exactly the same as the old one, but
we hope you'll like the new look. Kind Regards, Xperia Weather Team
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hello there! Also looking right now for that old AMAZING widget and nothing.. There are some versions of this widget, but it cannot be supported by Last versions of Android Slightly frowning Face((

Sony Weather widget 2.5.A.0.0 (Android 4.4+)

The Last one was released on April of 2017 ((

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Want one too