account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Contacts not syncing with Google Account

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Contacts not syncing with Google Account

I've been having trouble with syncing my contacts with Google. At the "accounts" section in the settings it says "synchronisation error" and in three of my four accounts it says "Last synchronisation 07-03-17", that's the 17th of March, for the Americans. I'm not sure but I'm thinking this is the date I updated to Android 7.0. The fourth account I just installed recently but it is also having problems. On the bottom it says ""Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." but it never came back.

I have spent a lot of time on Google, but I haven't found a working solution other than manually exporting and importing my contacts. I have tried the "Contacts Sync Fix" from the Play Store, booting up my phone (an Xperia Z5 by the way) in safe mode and shutting down the Google Contact Sync application and removing it's cache.

Any help is much appreciated and if you have any questions, please ask away if they would help you helping me!

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Contacts not syncing with Google Account

UPDATE: I also tried removing and adding one account, with no luck Slightly frowning Face

Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Contacts not syncing with Google Account

Its happening the same thing to my phone since i donwloaded the last software. Its so annoying.