account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Battery Care idea

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Battery Care idea

I have an idea how Battery Care can be improved. Instead of having the phone try to figure out the charging routine, let me set the unplug time myself. As a student, I might have a lecture at 8am one day and at 1pm the next so my wake up time is very inconsistent. Because of this the "Charging with Battery Care" notification very rarely comes up. If it's possible, letting the user set the wake up time could be an easy fix for this problem. Any chance of this happening in the future?

Ognjen Markovic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Battery Care idea

Hello @OgnjenMarkovic96 and welcome to the community!

I think this would not be possible, as you'll never know when your phone will reach 90% charge to set the charger off. And the Battery Care app will learn your wake up times on individual days, like weekdays vs weekends.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Hello @OgnjenMarkovic96 and welcome to the community!

I think this would not be possible, as you'll never know when your phone will reach 90% charge to set the charger off. And the Battery Care app will learn your wake up times on individual days, like weekdays vs weekends.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I agree with you @OgnjenMarkovic96

Unfortunately, it's just the two of us against the entire of Sony. I came here specifically to suggest the same thing. 

Adviser
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

U guys are not alone.  This is why i came here too and here i find u both having the same idea. 

I would love it if you had the option to set your own time and use it that way because i have had the phone for 3 weeks and today it figured out my routine and although it figured it out, it was wrong.  It was gonna charge it 3 hours before my wake up time. So it would be a great idea if there was an option to set your own wake up time and as you said that it is not possible, you can atleast add a warning or something to tell that battery charge time is not enough or something. So if you can plz plz plz add this feature it would be really great thanks

One time poster
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

you not the one who wanted this feature, hopefully next update will add in this function.. 👍

Learner
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

He's thinking about when i put alarm to wake me up, on 9 o'clock let's say, battery care will  automatically set 100% on that time to be achieved, simple solution.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

The AI behind this feature is quite dam. I wake up at 6.15 every day and after one month the system tells me - your phone will be fully charged at 4.10 AM. How it figured out I have no idea. I too wote either for individual chance to set up the time or take the time from my alarm settings. Simple - but minds of SONY people work differently.

One time poster
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Hi Everybody. 

Someone can tell me if battery care app can work (monitor and deactivate the charger) even if the user turns off the device after plugging it to charge for the night?

Thank you very much.

Graziano 

One time poster
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Very much this. I don't always go to bed or plug my phone in at the same time. Battery care stopped working for me after about 2 months and it hasn't reasserted itself yet, even with me trying to keep it on a schedule. I don't need it to guess when I'm going to be leaving it on the charger overnight--I would be more than happy to turn it on manually.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

This is actually a good idea and also the reason I got here to suggest. I really have an unregular pattern and while my wife owns the same phone she has a easy regular pattern. If Sony doesn't apply this to battery care I'm afraid my battery will degrade sooner than hers.