account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Yahoo Mail App Attachment Issue

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Yahoo Mail App Attachment Issue

Apologies if this isn't in the correct section.

I have the latest Yahoo Mail application and have noticed that when there is an image attachment when I tap on the small attachment image then top right menu it brings up one option only which is download, but when I choose this it fails after a few seconds, this happens all the time, I have reinstalled the app but still no joy.

If I forward to gmail I can download and save it without an issue.

Just curious if anyone who uses a Sony smartphone may experience a similar problem with the Yahoo Mail Application.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Yahoo Mail App Attachment Issue

I couldn't replicate,for me when I have a picture attached,if I tap on the picture it opens the picture bigger and I can select settings-download. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

@alexdon wrote:

I couldn't replicate,for me when I have a picture attached,if I tap on the picture it opens the picture bigger and I can select settings-download. 

Was this performed on your Sony smartphone?

Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Of course,Xperia Z1.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

@alexdon wrote:

Of course,Xperia Z1.

Well I just tested on another phone and the same thing happened, so would you agree its not phone related but more to do with yahoo mail account related?

Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

I believe the same. Can you try to clear data for yahoo mail app and set it up again?

Commissioner
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

@alexdon wrote:

I believe the same. Can you try to clear data for yahoo mail app and set it up again?

After data has been cleared should I un-install next?

Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Nope,just clear data and set up the email with your account again.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

@alexdon wrote:

Nope,just clear data and set up the email with your account again.

I tried both ways once as you have said, then also by installing again but still the issue remains.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Remember it's an attachment rather than being in the inbox as an image, will that make a difference?