account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia's new icon designs

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia's new icon designs

Has anyone noticed how Xperia's icon designs went down from artistic 3D to plain and ugly? What is happening to the creators/designers? I actually think that the former designs of the default icons (Music, Album, Video, Playstation) are better than the current ones. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia's new icon designs

I think it has more to do with losing a lot of theming capabilities with Oreo than anything else. If I would have known that themes were not going to work in Oreo,I would not have let my device update. 

I own many Android smart phones and tablets. Several Nexus devices in both the tablet and phone category, OnePlus devices from the original "one" to the Plus5 and even some LG and Huawei phones. Most of the Nexus and OnePlus Devices are running Oreo. Theming is made possible with the use of Substratum. 

This is my first Sony device and I added it to my Youtube channel device inventory because of Sony's popular theme engine found on all of its Xperia devices. I was so disappointed when I found out that the only thing that themes after the Oreo updated was wallpapers, maybe the navbar (on a couple themes) and some icons packs. If I had known this was ro be the outcome, I would have blocked any more updates. 

So disappointing....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia's new icon designs

I think it has more to do with losing a lot of theming capabilities with Oreo than anything else. If I would have known that themes were not going to work in Oreo,I would not have let my device update. 

I own many Android smart phones and tablets. Several Nexus devices in both the tablet and phone category, OnePlus devices from the original "one" to the Plus5 and even some LG and Huawei phones. Most of the Nexus and OnePlus Devices are running Oreo. Theming is made possible with the use of Substratum. 

This is my first Sony device and I added it to my Youtube channel device inventory because of Sony's popular theme engine found on all of its Xperia devices. I was so disappointed when I found out that the only thing that themes after the Oreo updated was wallpapers, maybe the navbar (on a couple themes) and some icons packs. If I had known this was ro be the outcome, I would have blocked any more updates. 

So disappointing....