account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Suggestions: UI, Design, and User Experience Tweaks

Commissioner
Message 51 of 61
Message 51 of 61

Re: Xperia Suggestions: UI, Design, and User Experience Tweaks

Screenshot_20180920-043518.png

The text Messages app now has Enable Night Mode, but how about Translucent (whatever your current background is) like in the Xperia Assist app.

Rookie
Message 52 of 61
Message 52 of 61

Swipe up from the bottom bezel onto the screen to wake up the device. Swipe up again to unlock the device (if you have no lock protection).

Commissioner
Message 53 of 61
Message 53 of 61

@SuperHot wrote:

Swipe up from the bottom bezel onto the screen to wake up the device. Swipe up again to unlock the device (if you have no lock protection).

Screenshot_20181016-174034.png

Screenshot_20181016-173943.png

I have a solution for you:

• Settings > Lock Screen & Security >  (Trust Agents) > check Smart Lock (Google), must be on.
  • Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Smart Lock > Trusted Face
    • Do two angles: upright, and double chin when looking down at the phone
    • Now, you can just push power, to wake, look at the screen, and swipe up.
  • There's also On-Body detection; if you're into that.

Screenshot_20181016-173745.pngScreenshot_20181016-175623.png

Then you have Display always on when staring at the screen

• Settings > Display > Smart Back Light Control
  • Settings > Display > Lift to check device aka "Smart Screen"
    • The caveat is; it's timed and doesn't know your still staring at the screen.
    • For you, the motion you were wanting without pushing a button: You lift the phone, Stare, double tap, then swipe up.
    • When you look away, is when the screen should turn off. When you put the phone down, no one else will see 'always on display' information.
    • Most people just use it for the time anyway. But if the screen is able to stay on long enough, then we can actually read notifications.

To bypass all this above...

• Fingerprint scanner.
One time poster
Message 54 of 61
Message 54 of 61

Re: Xperia Suggestions: UI Design and User Experience Tweaks

It troubles me when I go to alter alternate way symbols and see the two areas utilized/unused symbols; I can't tell on the off chance that they are turned on or off. Otherwise known as the best are unused-symbols and not grayed/featured to uncover if it's dynamic or not. For instance, the circumstance to check if Airplane mode is off unintentionally; you shouldn't have to drag it in to check if the mode is dynamic or not. It is useful to actuate and deactivate from this screen as well. Accordingly, just the case to long press to haul to apply to every day dynamic fast settings. Else, I would need to go the long path to the settings menu, or, in other words, another procedure. This might be a Google thing, however, you can converse with Google about it.

Commissioner
Message 55 of 61
Message 55 of 61

It would be great if other Xperia devices to receive the Xperia XZ3 AI feature digested in a different way.

A lot of reviewers (yet they aren't exactly unbias, a Sony fan, or the type of people to really ask), say that the "Side Sense" double-tap has too many false-positives: opens on accidently and is annoying. They just turn it off (but the AI feature is one of the main features of the phone.

gplus4814186605154053293.gif

I am suggested to have the AI app section to be either: under app search or the first swipe up bottom two lines. For some reason, I personally flick to the "recent search apps" screen like 5 times a day looking for an app, besides actually looking for my apps that I've organized in folders.

A photoshop little render: These are the perfect area to have the AI prediction placed. Well, the first swipe up would the be the supreme best place. The first two bottom lines, since it's closer to your thumb, could have "Predicted apps."

Then swipe left for own organized apps. The swipe right still has advertised apps, but it wouldn't be a bad place to go.

Screenshot_20181121-165747Edit2again.png

This would allow a 2nd option for the XZ3 and future phones to have a place for AI prediction when Touch Sense is deactivated for those who are annoyed by false-positives.

Commissioner
Message 56 of 61
Message 56 of 61

I've touched on this before in a long comparison, but it keeps getting deleted. I'll keep it short and sweet.

A few details missing from Sony Album > Editor

• clone stamp/touchup editing
  • scribble/draw, notating
  • face contour
  • grading beauty modeScreenshot_20190809-191320.png

Commissioner
Message 57 of 61
Message 57 of 61

Whatever happened to the song algorithm SensMe?

It is on some Sony hardware products. No longer on Xperia phone devices.

Was competing against the same space with Pandora and Spotify an issue?

It was just supposed to able to categorize music in a few genre categories.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3061946/ai-computers-machine-learning-music-midi
"Scientists at Sony’s Computer Science Laboratory in France recently released what some have called the first AI-generated pop songs, composed from their in-house AI algorithms"

Commissioner
Message 58 of 61
Message 58 of 61

I didn't buy the XZ3 for two main reasons. 1. It didn't have Xperia Actions. 2. It was the in-between device for 4K display Premium releases.

Sony was so focused on Touch Sense marketing, they put their eggs all in one basket. They ending up shooting themselves in the foot.Touch  Sense + AI algorithm is a very cool concept, but with bad execution; Sony shoved Touch Sense down our throats, leaving the software settings with low optimization, touch location too broad, and the sensitivity too high. Leaving the end user to just turn it off; scrapping the concept as useless. Pretty bad.

Now the release of the Xperia 10, 10 Plus, 1;

There's now sensitivity management for Touch Sense. However, way too late and the Review-Damage is done.

Screenshot_20190323-052939.png

W
hat's missing from MWC 2019 Release and the actual use case. It's missing the pre-selected apps split screen called "Multi-Window."

multi window Capture.JPGMutli Window 2Capture.JPG

Multi Window 1 Capture.JPG

I'm still wanting a solution for Xperia Actions and I think I found one for you.

By integrating Xperia Actions with Touch Sense; which is a feature the users are already familiar with "Xperia Actions" and merging with "Touch Sense" - is a semi-solution. Something that's is beloved and merging it with something that users detest. Doesn't sound like a great combo at first, but if executed correctly, it could work. Not completely merged integration, but just like you did with the Mult-Window software. First, you need to turn Xperia Actions becomes an outside, standalone app, broken AWAY from "Xperia Assist." Then, you can add the shortcut window to touch sense.

sketch-1553338503952.png

In conclusion, you don't need notifications shortcut there when you can just thumb down at any location... Replace it with Xperia Actions, shortcut. The shortcut only needs to jump to Xperia Actions classic window. No need to integrate within Side Sense. Just a shortcut to the feature is good enough. Therefore makes Side Sense considered useful. Before the app was buried inside Xperia Assist, no regular person can find it. Move Xperia Actions to the forefront as it already has special use to existing customers.

Commissioner
Message 59 of 61
Message 59 of 61

Please add Gyroscope to your Mid-Range phones, especially your Ultra / 6-Inches or grater.

• The advent of Pokémon Go 2016 plus Sony's 3D Creator. The gyroscope was an optimal part of the gameplay interface of the game.

• PUBG (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) and Fortnite popularity in 2017. Gaming hardcore and gyroscope advantage to a mobile gamer.

• MWC 2019 Sony aligns with Fortnite to be playable at 21:6 ratio. Which should include Gyroscope application for Android devices.

"4 million 13 year old children in USA in 2010."

Just not having the one features, gives that statistic of a "4 million 13 year old children in USA in 2010." As young consumers do a lot of research before their purchase. That gives a potential mobile gamer one more reason not buy your mid-range device. When you're supposed to be in PS4 console gaming territory.

compasscalibration.gif.gif

Commissioner
Message 60 of 61
Message 60 of 61

Another Sony Xperia app has gone missing.

The Transfer App... When you want to transfer quickly your Music, Pictures. (not necessarily apps). As we have gotten to that data point where apps can stay in internal (as internal space has finally leaped, endless apps get much larger and they come to a crossing point once again).

The Xperia apps are pretty organized and hope they remain.

Xperia Organization.JPG