account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

What Suggestion You Want to Tell To Sony(POST HERE){SONY MUST SEE THIS}[SUGGESTIONS]

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 61 of 134
Message 61 of 134

Re: What Suggestion You Want to Tell To Sony(POST HERE){SONY MUST SEE THIS}[SUGGESTIONS]

@Merlinius

No one knows, but if you think about it, windows mobile is pretty much dead. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 62 of 134
Message 62 of 134

Re: What Suggestion You Want to Tell To Sony(POST HERE){SONY MUST SEE THIS}[SUGGESTIONS]

Resolution2160 x 3840 pixels (~806 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes, up to 10 fingers
ProtectionScratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating

FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR THE BEST CAMERA FRONT/MAIN,& MINIMUM PERFORMANCE BUGET PHONE

A SMART PHONE HAVING FEATURES LIKE 23 MP CAMRA, 16 GB/1GB RAM /3G ,BATTERY LIFE UP TO 15 HR,A MINI MODEL.& ALL OTHER FEATURES OF 

154.4 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm (6.08 x 2.98 x 0.31 in)
Weight180 g (6.35 oz)
SIMNano-SIM
 - IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes

DISPLAY

Type

IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Resolution2160 x 3840 pixels (~806 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes, up to 10 fingers
ProtectionScratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating

PLATFORM

OSAndroid OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
ChipsetQualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810
CPUQuad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57
GPUAdreno 430

CAMERA

Primary23 MP, f/2.0, 24mm, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, check quality
Features1/2.3" sensor size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, check quality
Secondary5.1 MP, f/2.4, 1080p, HDR

SOUND

Alert typesVibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
LoudspeakerYes, with stereo speakers
3.5mm jackYes
 - High-Res audio

COMMS

WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetoothv4.1, A2DP, apt-X
GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (market dependant)
NFCYes
RadioFM radio with RDS
USBmicroUSB v2.0 (MHL 3 TV-out), USB Host

FEATURES

SensorsFingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
MessagingSMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
BrowserHTML5
JavaNo
 - Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 2.0)
- ANT+ support
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Xvid/MP4/H.265 player
- MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Document viewer
- Photo/video edito

MISC

ColorsChrome, Black, Gold
Price group9/10

TESTS

PerformanceBasemark OS II: 2073 / Basemark OS II 2.0: 1687
Basemark X: 24281
DisplayContrast ratio: 966 (nominal), 2.525 (sunlight)
CameraPhoto / Video
LoudspeakerVoice 66dB / Noise 65dB / Ring 66dB
Audio qualityNoise -95.9dB / Crosstalk -95.5dB
Adviser
Message 63 of 134
Message 63 of 134

Hi,

my first Android tablet was (and still is...) a tablet S I bought relying on Sony's fame and tradition for good and well designed products. I already owned Sony Tv's, audio devices and so on. Sony did not disappoint me this time as well, with some neat touches as good design, bright screen and excellent audio output.

Last December I decided for a substitute to the old S, and the new Z4 was the natural candidate. I give much importance to audiophile abilities and reviews showed that the Z4 was above the average in audio treatment.

Actually, I am quite disappointed by the audio output level of the headphones connection.

Quality is very good, but the old S has much more oomph! I am obviously making this comparison using the same headphones and the same music files for both tablets.

I read many posts complaining the same issue on different RECENT Sony tablets and smartphones, therefore

MY SUGGESTION is:

please fix this annoying problem and let us Customers decide on our own about sound volume, OR give us some software settings to do it on a file or playlist basis, e.g. like ITunes file gain level setting.

And, please, less bloatware. Sometimes Sony proprietary software does not add any new feature to the plain Google Android set, and some pre-installed apps are half-working unless you pay for them. I am referring to MS Office but especially to apps like File Commander, which I could not uninstall, If I wanted to.

I know Sony is able to give us something like IMovie (or better) and this is what I want from Sony ;-)

edit: it seems like with marshmallow we are able to get rid of most unwanted apps. Thanks Sony, thanks Google....

Message 64 of 134
Message 64 of 134

Dear sir

I am a old user of Sony & I love Sony, I am from Pakistan, but one thing is a big issue that Why Sony is not advertise it's CellPhone Products in Pakistan. I don't know about any other users of Sony but I am feeling very bad and so sad that Sony has no value in Pakistan and it's a big loss of Sony. And I am requesting to Sony dealer that please think about this suggestion and Advertise your Your Cellphone products in Pakistan for Sony Marketing. Like Samsung, Lenovo, IPhone and many other cellphone Companies. I just suggesting to Sony Kindly think about it.

Thank You.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 65 of 134
Message 65 of 134

I would like Camera Software addons, not like redesign but to put in extra features and options, like burst mode, zero shutter lag, full manual settings (much like huawei or LG) even for video, ability to focus on something after starting to record video and manual settings control also after push to record, at least for focus and exposure compensation, the rest would be bonus.
Its part where Sony falls behind the most since UI solutions are great and it is well optimized with features that are most used, but not overcramped with features that get rarely used. Except Multiwindow support, that should be part of update also...
Highlighted
Learner
Message 66 of 134
Message 66 of 134

Sony xperia phones are good, i have a z5 dual and a ps3, i remember thay z3 have ps3 controller support, but i cant find it on z5, can you please add it back in z5.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 67 of 134
Message 67 of 134

I wonder if Sony will read this? Anyway, I have the Z3 with android 4.4.4 and here's my feedback:
1. the phone is very slippery and difficult to hold, just days after I bought it slided like a wet soap from were I put it and down to the floor, got a knock on the earphone plug so it couldn't be used anymore. Sony please stop making slippery phones that slides and fall down to the floor and break.
2. My Z3 has rounded sides making it difficult to hold. One have to be carefull to put the fingers exactly in the middle to not loose the grip and drop the phone. Sony please make the sides straight and easy to hold.
3. I envy the owners of Samsung Note series for the stylus allways at hand and with that fine tip. My stulys has a big and clumsy tip and I seldom have it at hand when I need it. Sony please make a flagship version with a stylus, like the Note.
4. I don't understand why all smartphone have to get thinner and thinner with each succeeding model? I think my Z3 is just fine as it is, I don't need or want it to be thinner, what would be the point? Instead it's just annoying to think of the technical sacrifices that has to be made to cut off that 1 mm in thickness on each new model. Would be better to INCREASE the thickness with a few mm and put in more tech!
5. One annoying detail in the camera software is the innability to name the photos and videos taken by the phone. I could do it with my old Samsung S2 so why can't I do it on my Sony Z3? How hard can it be to fix this? I want to name my photos in the camera app as well as in the album.
6. This thread should really have been started by Sony instead. And they should give some feedback so we knew they were actually reading our point of views. A smartphone developer that actually LISTENED to it's customers and ASKED for their oppinions and whishes would surely get a lot of good ideas for the next model.
Highlighted
Genius
Message 68 of 134
Message 68 of 134

I wish, oh I wish that Sony will restore the US online store and give more visibility to their products in all North America.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 69 of 134
Message 69 of 134

Re: New idea for home xperia

Upcoming models please increase the battery backup level
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 70 of 134
Message 70 of 134

Re: New idea for home xperia

In future, please develop Sony own file manager application, because the third party application is not effective in using