account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Weird Battery Activity: It regenerates!!

SOLVED
Sage
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Weird Battery Activity: It regenerates!!

Never experienced this panorama experience before...

I am using SONY XPERIA sola and I updated the device (myself using the Update center in the phone) to the latest GingerBread firmware...

...and soon I realised that it drained the battery like HELL!! (but I already get used to it anyway since it still new to me...)

What really weird is that somehow, though the battery drain super-fast (when running CPU-hungry apps) and the battery dropped like a rollercoaster...

...I found out that somehow the battery REGENERATES itself...

screenshot_2012-09-28_1632[1].pngscreenshot_2012-09-28_1631[1].png

-See at the middle- (I DID NOT EDIT!)

There's a bit lift off in the middle line and as you can see I DIDN'T CHARGE IT at that time...

It isn't just my phone, some of my friends (which they were WALKMAN series users) also had this weird condition happen...

So... What did you put into making a battery, SONY? XD (or my phone and/or battery had problems??)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Weird Battery Activity: It regenerates!!

cooling down effect. When the phone heats up it loses battery faster, if it cools down then within 2-3 mins, a bit of battery will regenrate.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hmm, that sounds/looks strange I must admit..

Sounds like it would be wise to try performing a repair of your phone's software.

You can easily perform the interaction with our program Sony PC Companion, available for download from the link below.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Sage
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for the reply...

So err... How do I do that?

...and err... the PC Companion on the PC shows the ICS update already but my device UPDATE Center don't show anything...

Is it safe to update?

PC Companion set to United Kingdom language with country Malaysia...

The phone is bought in Malaysia

- SI Code: [customization version] 1262-0874 (6.0.B.3.184)

Please check for me...

Sage
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Anyone... Help!!

Can anyone teach me how to fix the firmware of my phone using the PC Companion (without having upgrade to ICS because I have a feeling that it won't fix my problem but making it worse!)?

My battery is worsened by the minute...

21.png14.png4.png5.png

...and don't tell me to use the method:

1. Turn off the phone, open  the phone's back cover, remove it, wait 5 mins, and so on...

...because the problem here is that my phone is locked with screws...

Anyone can help, many thanks and appreciated.. Winking Face

Demigod
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

cooling down effect. When the phone heats up it loses battery faster, if it cools down then within 2-3 mins, a bit of battery will regenrate.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Same problem with my sola any luck on this for you  Trubo_XL?

Thanks

Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Well, I had to live it up as in fact the sola IS supplied with a very low battery Slightly frowning Face

I did thought about updating to ICS but fearing about the bugs, the internet speed, and lack of RAM on my PC... Face with stuck-out Tongue

I had to think twice...