account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SonyMobile website - repair

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

SonyMobile website - repair

I'm trying to use this execrable website - on my Sony phone - to register the phone to be sent in for a warranty repair. But after battling my way through unhelpful layers, following a link from the support chat, it only let's me enter my country and choose a language. Won't do anything else. Any suggestions - is there another way to start the repair process? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: SonyMobile website - repair

Follow up from OP - I called and spoke with the customer support twice. I have to say this was more productive, although the first instance's outcome (try a Software Repair) didn't actually work. By the second call they were vaguely aware of website issues, but said a repair "couldn't" be done without it, because (weak! weak!) I couldn't have read the Ts&Cs without it. I wasn't impressed. However, a day later, there was an email, which did exactly what was needed - it had the instructions and an address, to send for repair. So they can, actually, manage without the website if they put their minds to it. So it's worth persisting, and there are real people there who can improvise if necessary. Progress!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Visitor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

It's no better on a PC either and I have tried the online chat today (Monday) and they are apparently "working on it". In the meantime, I am told there is no other way to initiate a warranty repair. Ridiculous.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Site back up at the moment - request for repair submitted

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Follow up from OP - I called and spoke with the customer support twice. I have to say this was more productive, although the first instance's outcome (try a Software Repair) didn't actually work. By the second call they were vaguely aware of website issues, but said a repair "couldn't" be done without it, because (weak! weak!) I couldn't have read the Ts&Cs without it. I wasn't impressed. However, a day later, there was an email, which did exactly what was needed - it had the instructions and an address, to send for repair. So they can, actually, manage without the website if they put their minds to it. So it's worth persisting, and there are real people there who can improvise if necessary. Progress!

View solution in original post