account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony might exit smartphone business...

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony might exit smartphone business...

Why Sony is exiting smartphone business ? :(

Sony's decision to no longer pursue sales growth in competitive smartphone business has left many disappointed.

Read on more--HERE...

Really sad for all sony lovers...

-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Sony stopped ?

Sony stopped mobile business? Why what happen?
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Sony might exit smartphone business...

All users, plz buy sony. save the company.
Regular
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I did upgraded my beloved Xperia Z to Xperia Z2 but there is one fing i have to say to SONY - you make great mobile phones, with water resistance, good cameras, better screens, shapes and sizes but there is one thing that im missing, my first android was from you, from SONY - Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman it was amazing music phone, audio quality was superb such bass, and it had music lights too, besides it t was like normal android smartphone but now, things have changed you released xperia z3 and only xperia zl has ir remote control capability, i want to ask, why? why not all high-end phones have this feature like they have nfc or bluetooth or wifi.Also wanted to say that reviveng Walkman phone you need to release new droid phone branded as Walkman like live with walkman was but now you have so much music features, but no hardware features for showing that its music phone,not mentioning stereo speakers, adding buttons to the side to control music not only volume like w995 had, or shake function in walkman player, because now we have to take phone out of the pocket, unlock screen change song then lock screen and put it to the pocket again,or adding music led's to the both sides of the phone in its aliuminium frame to respond for music beat,or at the front in top and bottom rgb led's with user choosing colours, because live with walkman only had orange, and green colours. To beat monsters of samsung and htc you need to create monster of you own, like live with walkman was, monster at music playback, and i was crying when it died in the washing machine because it wasnt waterproof phone, but now you make waterproof phones, so why not music ones, there is people who cant afford buy bluetooth speakers so they could enjoy their music phones like i did enjoyed my live with walkman it was no need for using external speakers, internal speaker's was so powerfull. And all of this could be in most awaiting phone this year Xperia Z4 or Xperia W1 "w" - walkman

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

If want more sale's in India.. Please advertisement in t.v channels mostly in andhra pradesh
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

What does the end of Sony Mobile mean for us Xperia owners?

It was recently announced that Sony was giving up with smartphones entirely, meaning the end of the Xperia range. Does anyone know what this means for us current Xperia owners? Will they continue to support them with updates and fixes.

Just a bit worried about what is to come.

Regular
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: What does the end of Sony Mobile mean for us Xperia owners?

I know that sony is smart one in style and they not going to abandon all walkman phone line along with xperia witch they build up in 5 years of adventure from first android Xperia x10, kind of joke right? didn't Sony joined Ericsson because of same fate like this back in the 2000 and succeeded with walkman line back in 2005, next as i said earlier poeple need music phone powerfull, stylish, and with walkman logo on it, not just app, cuz making all phones use walkman app makes walkman brand dead in phone terms, because now i cant see any phone that is good for music like yours, and any phone even yours use music control buttons on the side, also dont let us down showing that samsung and htc are better, they dont look at htc m8 they dont even put big battery like you did 2600mah vs 3200mah, and its a big flaw of htc having great speakers but no energy to drive them properly....and i still think that is a fake message - someone did a good joke about sony giving up, because they never did gived up in past

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Plz come back with Ericsson like Walkman series and cyber shot series, hope I'll seen Xperia w1