account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sales Tactics?

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sales Tactics?

Sony Singapore is currently running a Mid Year Sale where a host of Sony products are promoted with discounts. One of the item listed in their brochure is MDR-NC750 retailing at SGD149 to be offered a 20% discount. I visited their shop at NEX but the sales person there said this earphone is old model and they no longer carry it. Tried to push me the MDR-EX750, which I find not good. Went to their Main shop at Sommerset and was told by staff there no discount, even though both their online ad and paper ad claimed there is. Wrote to Sony SG for clarification also never get a confirmation.

If Sony is not prepared to offer the discount why publish it in the first place? Why go to extend to tell customers the earphones no longer available when in your main shop there are more than 8 sets sold without discount? If it was a print mistake than just admit it, or take the product off shelf. Is this prevalent over all Sony Shops or only here in Singapore?
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sales Tactics?

could you give a picture of the promotional ad? or links?

Is it really Sony Xperia shop or just a commercial establishment?

I recall Sony Xperia shop here in the philippines had a "sale" but it wasn't worth it. they only had discounts for previous years devices and not the latest ones.. also they did not announce it in any way...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Commissioner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I copy here the microsite from Sony Singapore under Xperia. You can scroll down till you see accessories.
http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/sonydays/m/xperia.html
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I see, but they did not say if all the stores would participating.. this would have been a great bargain...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

It's the flagship authentic Sony Store I visited. Brochure can be obtained there but the staff say no discount, even though it's clearly listed.

Hopefully Sony gives a reply which I doubt. I wud love to purchase it directly from Sony but if they do not wish to honor their own ad, they will lose business to e-commerce. I will just buy from 3rd party sellers at an even cheaper offer.
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Ex750 was released at the same time as nc750
Nc750 is just an Ex750 without the powered noise cancellation (as it's done through the Xperia)

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

MDR-EX750 has 3 version. AP has no noise cancellation, retails SGD 139. NA has noise cancellation but uses it's external engine. Does not work well with Xperia Noise Cancellation Phones. Retails SGD 199. BT is blue tooth version, SGD 279. All no discount.

Why should Sony deny a published offer to her clients?
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Sony, you have restored my faith in you.

Whether the mistake is human error or not, you acknowledged your error and quickly resolve the issue. I was given the discount of 20% over the retail price of MDR-NC750 with a verbal apology for the miscommunication. Good job.
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Excellent to h.ear lol
Enjoy your headphones

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.