account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Rumors Xperia Z4

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Rumors Xperia Z4

This is rather interesting, Xperia Z4

1. Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core 64-bit chipset clocked at 2.8GHz
  2. Adreno 430 GPU
  3. 4G RAM
  4. 32GB Internal Storage
  5. LTE Category 6
  6. Bluetooth 4.1.
  7. 5.5in Quad-HD 2560 x 1440
  8. Dedicated Amp
  9. 20mp+ curved Exmor RS CMOS sensor
  10. 12 bit RAW capture
  11. No Micro SD support
  12. Qi Charging

Source

sony-xperia-z4-si-xpoeria-z4-ultra.jpg

Source 2 (Render)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

26 REPLIES 26
Veteran
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Z4 what would you like to see?

Hi all,
what would you like to see in upcoming Z4 in February next year?
Here are my thoughts I am thinking about:

1. 5.5 inch 2k IPS / Oled display, very bright like Z3, more oleophobic, this could be the next feature that Sony could use to market Z4 as better than competitors, a screen without the fingerprints Slightly smiling Face
2. New curved camera with new soft + 4k 60fps recording (without overheating issue). Cybershoot, both Xenon flash and led diode (for flashlight), without hump!
3. Snapdragon 810 processor and 4GB of RAM
4. 32 / 64GB of internal storage (as 16 is waay too low) + SD cards support
5. Omnibalance design combined with Arc style. I mean curved, glass back, definitely with Orang light / backlight like it was in W980 device! In such a case Sony could market it as curved lens and curved desigh, what else could be curved? Slightly smiling Face Please not screen, I like flat. In terms of design I prefer Z2 over Z3, I do not like these rounded corners, plastic on corners :/ and even holes for speakers looks better in Z2. 
6. Much better speakers for calling, without issues like "other people cannot hear me".
7. Keep front stereo speakers as it is (only louder).
8. Keep waterproof.
9. Redesigned UI as this one no matter how good and light it is tends to be the same all the time.
10.  3500-40000Mah battery with new power saving features.
11. SMaster amplifier + "Mega Bass" and best possible headphones for music a must!

Can you imagine a phone made all from the glass? Sapphire glass from all the sides / angles Slightly smiling Face That would be "something".

What would you add?  

Genius
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Z4 what would you like to see?

Hi, not so much a design/software/hardware thing but some sort of Quality Control certificate stating that your new Z4 has been Vacuum Tested so is indeed guaranteed waterproof....this would help with any complaints/warranty issues.....

Oh & a Tap to Wake that works after one/two taps not ten Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

What's up all.

I think this kind of initiative is very important but, if Sony itself doesn't take advantage of it by at least reading them, all our fans efforts are useless and a big waste of time.

So I ask:

Has Sony ever implemented a suggestion posted by someone in this forum, or facebook, etc ?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

1. 5.5 inch 2k IPS / Oled display, very bright like Z3, more oleophobic, this could be the next feature that Sony could use to, market Z4 as better than competitors, a screen without the fingerprints 

Keep it 5.2, no need to go 5.5, the phone is large enough, just make the bezels smaller.

2. New curved camera with new soft + 4k 60fps recording (without overheating issue). Cybershoot, both Xenon flash and led diode (for flashlight), without hump!

Optical image stabilisation, 240fps in 720p

Better low light performance (less noisy sensor)

Emperor
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Re: Rumors Xperia Z4

Sony Curved Exmor RS CMOS sensor Here and Here and Here

Curved CMOS Image Sensor Integrated .jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

What's so great about Quad HD  

Info on 720p v 1080p v Quad HD

Vector_Video_Standards8.svg.png

Emperor
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

LTE Category 6: Download speeds of up to 300Mbps

Why Bluetooth 4.1 Matters? You can read about it HERE

1. Coexistence
Bluetooth and 4G (LTE) famously don’t get on: their signals interfere degrading one another’s performance and draining battery life. Bluetooth 4.1 eliminates this by coordinating its radio with 4G automatically so there is no overlap and both can perform at their maximum potential. Given most phones will come with 4G next year this is a vital improvement.

2. Smart connectivity
Rather than carry a fixed timeout period, Bluetooth 4.1 will allow manufacturers to specify the reconnection timeout intervals for their devices. This means devices can better manage their power and that of the device they are paired to by automatically powering up and down based on a bespoke power plan.

In short: devices are no longer all treated the same and the randomness of Bluetooth connections / disconnections and the power drain this causes should reduce dramatically.

3. Improved Data Transfer
Bluetooth 4.1 devices can act as both hub and end point simultaneously. This is hugely significant because it allows the host device to be cut out of the equation and for peripherals to communicate independently.

For example, whereas previously a smartwatch would need to talk to your phone to get data from a heart monitor, now the smartwatch and heart monitor can talk directly saving your phone’s battery and then upload their compiled results directly to your phone. This is crucial to the Internet of Things concept: peripherals become independent and can build their own networks before bringing the collation of all their data to you.

One time poster
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Need touch block function, when underwater.
Becauce when underwater, the sceen always pressed due to the fact that the water pressure on the screen.
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

Look forward to the arrival of the Z4 smartphone.